• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moding a 1986 Chevette Heatercore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hopefully my apogee and my maze4 low profile waterblocks are coming in tommorrow so I can start with some leak testing.

nice.

if later on down the road you decide you need more cooling capacity, look up the 77 bonny heatercore. from thos pics its basically the same thing as that, but a foot long, and can be had for $20 us around these parts. (im in maine)

That is exactly how i modded my chevette core, in fact, I think we have the same barbs even heh seeing as how i got them from canadian tire too. heh.
Just a little hint to make things smoother on your next mod, use flux cored electronic solder. It usually melts at a lower temperature and seals as well for this kind of low pressure thing. also, the finished result is prettier and is a little cleaner with some practice.

CIMG0003.jpg

Yup new news, this cooling is sweet. I installed some ghetto silent fans that i got for 8 dollers a piece they are coolermaster 120mm silent blue leds with rated 40 something CFM and the temperature only rose 2 degrees at load. This thing is awesome. Thanks for the tip also valk

re: ls7corvette.

you're right a BIX will outperform and 86 Chevette heatercore. Plus they look sexy. bix > hc.

nice job there on your heatercore, keep it up :)

Back