• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Bezel Painting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

istari675

I currently have the Acer XG270HU monitor and I am getting a bit sick of the orange color on the bezel and feet. I would like to paint over the base and the orange part of the monitor. I should not have any trouble finding a paint that fits my needs, but I am not sure what I can use to protect the screen. Does anyone have any suggestions on a tape that will not have a strong enough hold to damage the screen when removed, wont leave anything on the screen when removed, and will be sufficient to block paint from seeping through?

Funny, I was just looking at that monitor but decided to go with a Gigabyte instead because of the red. I won't post the links because they are other forums but if you goggle "Painting an Acer XG270HU" there are two threads talking about that very subject. Basically, the recommendation was to use Plasticolor (sp?) paint. The problem I find with that is I don't believe you can buy that brand in anything but spray paint and I would want to hand paint somewhere near my screen if not disassembling it. Personally I would try to find a way to get the bezel off and spray it that way. Either way post pics!

Back