• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor 'ticking' on occasion...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

My screen is a (flatpanel) Cornea MP704 (secondhand from my dad and who knows how long he had it). I've noticed very recently that I'll get an intermittent clicking located in the lower right corner of the housing. My speakers are quite close to it, but I'm pretty sure it's not them as it happens when they're turned off.

Any idea what could be causing this? I think this thing's on its way out anyway...

I never noticed it until a few days ago, but that's a possibility (speakers are almost touching the sides of the housing...I hate my school's dorm desks).

I dont think its the speakers, computer speakers are magneticaly sheilded. I have my tv and monitor close to my huge tower speakers with 40oz magnets on then without sheilding and they dont bother either of them. They had a bit of magnetic discolouration at first but power cycleing then a few times fixed that.

it couldnt hurt to move them away for a bit and see if it fixes the problems.

Back