• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Monitor on P5AD2-E? (Anyone have it working?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Also, Core 1 has never really been a usefull number, I don't even know what it represents...

Good call on the ini...I haven't looked into it at all since I posted my original find. I just made some quick changes to the ini though:

V0V1=$20*0.008 seems to closely follow what SpeedFan reads, which has *always* been .05V higher after rounding than set in BIOS, as noted in one of my previous posts (1.2875 = 1.34, 1.3375 = 1.39, 1.3875 = 1.44).

V0V1=$20*0.0077 is probably closer to what it "really" is. This shows 1.29Vc with a 1.2875Vc set in BIOS. BIOS readings show something to the tune of 1.304V.

When I get some time later, I will try different Vc settings and note SpeedFan and MBM readings again...

Awesome, I think we have this licked :)

Following up, I did some tests with the .008 multiplier set in the ini and tested some various Vcores. Again idle = Vc at idle, min = lowest recorded Vc checked after Sandra2005 CPU bench checked against SpeedFan.

BIOS setting = 1.2875V
BIOS reading = 1.304V
Idle = 1.34(SF) : 1.34(MBM)
Min = 1.30(SF) : 1.28(MBM)

BIOS setting = 1.3375V
BIOS reading = 1.344-1.352
Idle = 1.39(SF) : 1.39(MBM)
Min = 1.34(SF) : 1.32(MBM)

BIOS setting = 1.3875V
BIOS reading = 1.392-1.400
Idle = 1.44(SF) : 1.44(MBM)
Min = 1.37(SF) : 1.37(MBM)

BIOS setting = 1.4375V
BIOS reading = 1.432-1.440
Idle = 1.49(SF) : 1.49(MBM)
Min = 1.40(SF) : 1.40(MBM)

At the lower Vc's it read .02V off of SpeedFan which is pretty good in my book. It could very well just be the fact that they poll at different intervals or one has a priority. I have no idea what the set poll rate is for SpeedFan, but I had MBM set for 1 sec. intervals.

In any event, it's close enough for me to not worry about it :)

Absolutely...good work Ross, if you hadn't got it working in the first place, I woudl've never bothered looking how to fix the voltages.

I am very pleased. ALso, I think the P5A setting is important, as it didn't really work otherwise.

I *thought* I used both P5 and P5A and got it working, but for the "archives", let's skip that and just say use P5A when installing.

I am just shocked no one else has gotten it working before...we rock ;) Nice working with you...lol

Well, I figure you were the first to attempt it by fiddling with those settings. I would've never figured that out, let alone even know where to begin fiddling with regards to those options. Fortunately the voltage was easy to figure out with a trip to google and some tinkering. This type of collaboration is what makes the internet great, especially given that the program is no longer in development!

Three things: 1) On my system, I had to set the driver to "boot" and not "system", as the driver would not load on occasion.
2) Ross, did you find a good multiplier for the other voltages?

3) Does anyone know what Core1 is? the instructions say it is either Core 1, 1.5 or 2.5, but others say it is Vdimm, orthers Vagp. I thiought it was Vdim on mine, but chaning the Vdimm in bios did not really alter the reading. Also, because I have no other program to compare it too, (Asus Probe and Speedfan don't read it), I have no way to set the MBM multiplier.

Ross, a follow up question not related to MBM, but because you have the P5AD2-E

1) When you restart your computer when overclocked, does it restart as normal or does it first turn off then turn on a few seconds later?

2) Do you have SandraSoft installed? If so, how long does it take for it to open?

The first issue seems to be occuring among other P5AD2-E users, I just wanted to see if you had the same thing. The second I think may be related to my drivers/other hardware.

deam:
1) Mine is set to the default "System" and I haven't had any problems. It's possible that yours is/was in a different order for loading and may have caused some issues.

2) My other voltages (3.3, 5, 12) are so close, I am not even going to bother touching them. The worst of the bunch is the 12V reading, which is off a paultry .04V, which is nothing out of 12V. A multiplier change would likely make it worse unless I start bringing it out like 6 decimal places...such is life when using multipliers.

3) I have no clue on the Core1 reading. I will try adjusting some other voltages later today and see if it moves at all.

As for my restarts being full shutdown/restart or just resets, it does both and as far as I can tell, it depends how high the OC is. I don't know what the exact point is on mine, but it seems the higher the system is stressed, the more inclined it will be to do a full shutdown/restart.

Sandra doesn't take long to open at all. If it wasn't for the splash, it would probably take <1 second. The splash pops us immediately, is there for 1-2 seconds and the app window appears immediately after the splash closes. On other systems/clocks I did notice that sometimes it took a LONG time to open, but was occasionally worse was CPU-Z. On some OCs, it would take forever and a day to open...

Well, I tried every voltage option in BIOS and nothing seems to effect Core1. I tried NB voltage, FSB termination voltage, memory voltage and PCI-E slot power. I tried changing multipliers to amplify any changes, but nothing at all. Oh well.

Of course, after all of this, SpeedFan is adding programmable warnings...lol. It's in beta right now. That was the whole reason I started messing with MBM again. On a side note though, I found that ATI Tool allows me to send my GPU & Environment readings from it to MBM! Now I finally have case, CPU and GPU temps all on the screen in one convenient place :D

I am sure there must be, but having never owned an nVidia card, I wouldn't know what is what. Check the sound & vid section of the forums or maybe try some stuff on this page. I found the link the other day and bookmarked it so I check out some other utilities at a later time...

If anyone knows a similar tool that can transfer Nvidia GPU temp into MBM, I'd appreciate it.

Back