• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard to maximize intel g3258

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NealCaff

hallo,
i'm planning to build my first gaming PC and i decided to go with g3258. need help to find a good mobo for good OC'ing. i'm considering AsRock B85-Fatal1ty killer. It has decent look and good gaming features, but still need other option under 100$.

Intel G3258
AsRock B85-Fatal1ty Killer
Seagate Baracuda 7200 1TB
Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 8GB
Gigabyte R9 270x 2GB Windforce
EVGA 600B 80+ Bronze
Thermaltake Core V31

You can get a z board for around the same cost. The fatality gaming features aren't really THAT great. I wound up disabling all mine.

ASRock Z97 Anniversary would be better than the ones you found.

New egg has the ASRock Z97 Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX that has 2 PCIE16x slot but one will run at 4x if you populate both but that should not bottleneck a SLI or crossfire setup, Also it is only $94.99 after 15$ rebate $109.94 no rebate but has 6 power phases instead of 4...that could be important if you ever want to run a 4790k down the road or run 2 graphics cards or need a slot that is wider then a 1x PCIE slot for some crazt 4x storage solution or a graphics card that 4x 3.0 bandwidth should not hold back any current video card since it is the same as 8x PCIE 2.0 and that does not really bottleneck any cards unless you run at low settings and resolution like 1280/1024 to see a bottleneck.
I think it is worth the extra few bucks over the AV edition.

New egg has the ASRock Z97 Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX that has 2 PCIE16x slot but one will run at 4x if you populate both but that should not bottleneck a SLI or crossfire setup, Also it is only $94.99 after 15$ rebate $109.94 no rebate but has 6 power phases instead of 4...that could be important if you ever want to run a 4790k down the road or run 2 graphics cards or need a slot that is wider then a 1x PCIE slot for some crazt 4x storage solution or a graphics card that 4x 3.0 bandwidth should not hold back any current video card since it is the same as 8x PCIE 2.0 and that does not really bottleneck any cards unless you run at low settings and resolution like 1280/1024 to see a bottleneck.
I think it is worth the extra few bucks over the AV edition.

Agreed, new guy I've never seen around here before. :) But has oddly been a member since 2012. (Lurker?)
I would guess it was 4+2 rather than 6 phase though.

Back