• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting Hardware for a Single Stage Cooler.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaddMutt

I'm looking/hoping to snag a 3rd/4th hand SS on the 1st. I have asked the seller and have been told it does not come with any mounting hardware. It does have the hold down collar over the SS head but was last used with a i7-2500k/2600k CPU. What optional mounting hardware can I use as a replacement? I have Socket 1151, 2011, and 2066 that I'm looking to mount the SS on.
I have my Kingpin Dark mounting hardware for my Dice/LN2 pot. <- Can this be used?
What hardware is used when mounting a SS on a GPU?
My other questions will have to wait until I have the SS unit and can do a visual inspection :) :thup:

Thank You For Your Time :blah:

Have to make your own mounting and hold downs.
Or.......you can contact Bartx at HWB. He makes everything. ;)

I use the Kingpin Dark mounting hardware frequently with my SS cooler so you shouldn't have any trouble. Also I bought a nice GPU hardware kit from Bartx way back so you might check with him.

20200822-114534-resized.jpg

How much of an offset from the cold plate temp and the cpu temp?? Should I have any + temps with a i7-8700k overclocking??

Thanks

How much of an offset from the cold plate temp and the cpu temp?? Should I have any + temps with a i7-8700k overclocking??

Thanks
Depends on your SS and what it's tuned for.
Sure, you could see positive temps under load if your SS is being overwhelmed.

Back