• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moving email from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2019

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techiemon

I am sure much has changed, and I would like to know if there is any procedure to move mail between Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2019. Everything is in .pst format, but I have a lot of mail. I think I have over 30 accounts that need to be moved. And many different folders to separate said mail. I also have rules of where email goes. I am assuming that there is no way to move all settings from one to another and I will need to retype in all the pop3/imap details and server settings and also reset all the rules, and arrange the folders said mail will go? OR is there a simpler solution? My mail is very important, it cannot be archived, it needs to go back to the same accounts just as it is now.

Any ideas, let me know.

Moving Outlook data from one computer to another one with a newer version of Outlook installed can be challenging. Really, the core of the process is the .PST file but different versions of Outlook seem to like it to be in different places.

The easiest way to do this I know of is using this third party software: https://www.fpnet.fr/

I purchased a license to use the pro version. It really makes this task easy. There are several ways to use it. I have found the best and easiest way is to use Fab to backup the data from the old computer to an external drive and then transfer it to the new computer from the external drive. It is not a fast process and can take hours but it seems to be reliable.

Moving Outlook data from one computer to another one with a newer version of Outlook installed can be challenging. Really, the core of the process is the .PST file but different versions of Outlook seem to like it to be in different places.

The easiest way to do this I know of is using this third party software: https://www.fpnet.fr/

I purchased a license to use the pro version. It really makes this task easy. There are several ways to use it. I have found the best and easiest way is to use Fab to backup the data from the old computer to an external drive and then transfer it to the new computer from the external drive. It is not a fast process and can take hours but it seems to be reliable.

I moved Outlook 2005 I think? to Outlook 2010, as I had most mail in a folder called Outlook in Use, I moved it off the C drive and into another folder and directory and drive altogether. And that is now where it has been sitting since I installed 2010 version seven years ago. I am assuming that I will be able to just copy and paste the folder over to the new machine and direct Outlook 2019 to it just like before. But all of my rules and pop3 addresses probably need to be reset. I had to do that last time also. Just time consuming, but so long as that still works, I am fine. Moving mail is one of the most time consuming parts of setting up the new machine.

I took at look at FPNET, but it seems just like a backup software, what are the advantages of using it? Most things I will leave on the HDD and just move the drive, but for browser profile settings, bookmarks, and other things I will have to move them manually. I actually have very little on my O/S drive, and those things can be backed up quickly, only that I need to find the profile things for FF and Chrome again. But other than that, it is quite easy. I will have to buy a KVM for temporary use to make sure everything is transferred and I can still do my work while I am setting up the new machine.

Back