• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 7900GS cooler question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yog

I bought one of the MSI 7900GS off of Woot many months ago and now am looking for a quieter cooler for it. I bought a AC X1 (I think) for it and got it last night and was about to install it and noticed that it won't fit. The cooler is designed for the 7800/7900 series of video cards but it didn't fit on mine because of some capacitors on the card. I would like to get a new cooler for it that is quieter. Does anyone know of a good cooler that I can apply to this card? I don't care particularly about cooling but I just want something that is quieter, that is the loudest thing in my case right now and I want something quieter for it. Any ideas?

cheapest thing out that will fit your needs is the artic cooler 5 rev 3. All of the zalman options will work, besides the ZM80 models, as will Thermalright HR-03.

I would say a Zalman 700/900. Good cooler for that card. Are you going to volt mod it? If so I recommend the 900 or the Thermalright H-03.

I would suggest the Masscool VF1-Plus, which would work with your GPU, and cool better than everything but the HR-03/Plus and above.

Here is a linky
MASSCOOL VF1-PLUS for $25.00

When my 7900GS comes, I will be installing my VF1 with some copper ramsinks.

Enjoy,

bryan d

Honestly, the ramsinks dont make much difference on this card. it just doesnt even get warm when you oc up to even 900mhz mem. a vf900 would do the job quite nice. hell my vf700alcu did just fine at 7 volts, running 1.45 volts.
I wouldnt do 1.55 on most air cooling but i suppose if the thing is beefy enough....

Back