• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

msi 790fx-gd70 LED's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You could try a black marker/sharpie. IIRC some folks used nail polish on their sunbeam rheobus' because they didn't like how bright the led's were.

I have a case power light that glared badly and a black Sharpie toned it down, which is what I wanted, but didn't dowse the light completely. You'll probably need nail polish, which is really just enamel paint, to cover it completely ...

If you still want to see them then the Sharpie is the thing to use. You may need to reapply a few times, the ink tends to kinda' smear over the lens, but it does work. I'm looking at a blue LED that would be blinding me if it weren't for the Sharpie application ... ;)

Built a computer for a friend and this was the board that was used. Definitely some bright blue LEDs, luckily the case was outfitted with all blue LED fans so it looked quite nice. But would've been completely wrong in my computer with all RED LED fans.
+1 on the sharpie fix, probably the easiest way to tone down the blue.

Yea I have the same board, the blue is pretty bright. Sharpie or nail polish should do the trick. Or maybe just cover them with a small white sticker.

Seems to be a trend with most recent MSI boards, I know my K9N2 (am2+) Board had some pretty darn bright mini-led's on it. Be thankful it seems most of yours are the same color. I had a christmas tree going on in my case. Red, Green, white, orange, you name it that board probably had that color on it.

Depending on whether or not you want the lights there at all i would look into either dimming them down (Fine-point Sharpie would probably work best) or eliminating them (by using nail polish or an enamel paint as others have suggested). Just use caution and be sure to paint just the LED. I would hate to ruin such a nice board as the GD-70 over painting her bright toenails lol.

Well, I don't want to completely block them out. The problem is, they're really tiny. They're the CPU phase and DDR phase LED's.

Is there no option in the BIOS for this?

EDIT

yeah go to power settings in bios and it says somthing about leds power off

Yeah he has the board in his sig so he should know. I know MY ROG board has the option to turn off the "voltage/speed LEDs".

Back