• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 970 Gaming vs GA 990FX UD3 (rev4)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At a constant fourty four hundred MHZ , one point three three five DCV. It IS on auto , good point on that. Hardware Monitor has never exceeded the above voltage. I'll set the voltage to that and run Prime when I get the chance and check. On a laptop with bad number keys at the moment.

That said the M5A99X Evo/M5A990Fx Pro are both good motherboards for a Fx 63xx chip.
I have found the same via research and my experience. It was on a list of recommended boards linked to from this forum , in fact. I can find it when I'm back on mine. While not a Crosshair or Sabrekitty , it's probably in third place in the Asus line. Won't feed a an OC octo core reliably , but the manufacturers list all manner of CPUs I wouldn't run on my board. Six core is fine , though.

so I went to the 990fxa-ud3. so far so good. havent tried overclocking since im satisfied. issue solved

Back