• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI CR630) laptop cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KazGold

Personal review: despite specs it's one of the worst toys I have ever used for poor speed & performance across the board. It struggles to keep up with tasks on a regular basis & throws off enough heat to combat frostbite! Keeping it cool helps & it's only fit for 'average' stuff.. not gaming.
Specs: MSI CR630/Notebook model MS168B/AMD V160 2.4Ghz CPU/2Gb am/W7 HomPrem 64bit OS/ATI mobility Radeon HD4270 Graphic.

This machine is slow enough when cool but heats up fast, gets scarily hot & has done this from new. Once it's at a high enough temp it slows down even more and often becomes unresponsive requires shutting down to cool for a few minutes. A temporary fix is to pop an external USB clip on fan onto the side of the screen to blow onto the left side of the keyboard which helps quickly. Runs too hot to be a laptop, only tabletop.

Question: Can anyone tell me if they have successfully increased/upgraded the internal fan output? Added additional fans perhaps (model & connection type if poss)? Any ideas for this machine will be appreciated, thanks :)

I wouldnt expect this thing to game with a 4270 mobile graphics chip.

Its possible there is a bad seat of the heatsink on it which is why temps creep up. How long have you had it? Have you cleaned out the heatsink area? have you tried applying your own thermal paste (after cleaning the old off) and seeing if that helps?

Thanks for this advice, the machine is not yet a year old and has had this trait from the start. The heatsink appears to be firmly placed and so it only remains for me to remove it and replace the paste, thanks again..watch this space

Personal review: despite specs it's one of the worst toys I have ever used for poor speed & performance across the board. It struggles to keep up with tasks on a regular basis & throws off enough heat to combat frostbite! Keeping it cool helps & it's only fit for 'average' stuff.. not gaming.
Specs: MSI CR630/Notebook model MS168B/AMD V160 2.4Ghz CPU/2Gb am/W7 HomPrem 64bit OS/ATI mobility Radeon HD4270 Graphic.

This machine is slow enough when cool but heats up fast, gets scarily hot & has done this from new. Once it's at a high enough temp it slows down even more and often becomes unresponsive requires shutting down to cool for a few minutes. A temporary fix is to pop an external USB clip on fan onto the side of the screen to blow onto the left side of the keyboard which helps quickly. Runs too hot to be a laptop, only tabletop.

Question: Can anyone tell me if they have successfully increased/upgraded the internal fan output? Added additional fans perhaps (model & connection type if poss)? Any ideas for this machine will be appreciated, thanks :)

Mine CR630 gets seriously hot too; is there a solution to cool it down? Cheers.

Back