• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Gaming Plus Z370 motherboard with oily stains on the bottom.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raghaian

I have this motherboard and would like to sell it on ebay. Upon removing it from my computer case I noticed two oily stains on the back of the motherboard. On the top side of the motherboard above the stains are these components labeled R22. What are these components? Could these components leak? One of the components has a brown burnt mark on its top surface. I never smelled anything while the system was up and running. I never noticed any over temping issues either. The system worked fine and was put into storage in June 2019. I can't test the motherboard as I sold the cpu, ram and video card already.

This motherboard was part of this system:
Cpu: i5 8400
Motherboard: MSI Gaming Plus Z370
Ram: G Skill DDR4 2666mhz 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Video Card: MSI Gaming X RX 570 4gb
PS: Corsair CX550M

A picture is worth 1000 words...

I wouldnt sell a board with scorch marks on it, personally. Or I'd sell it dirt cheap and be clear about it with lots of pics and you cant test it.

The r22 on the other side is the chokes (grey cubes?) for the vrm and the oil may have come from the capacitors next to it (cylinder shaped).

Last edited:
Back