• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI GeForce GT 1030 DirectX 12

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Each GT 1030 will get you about 103k PPD using Windows. Linux is a little worse at 97k PPD on average. So 3 of them running Windows can get you about 309,000 PPD.

Each GT 1030 will get you about 100k PPD using Windows. Linux is a little worse at 97k PPD on average. So 3 of them running Windows can get you about 300,000 PPD.

That sounds great cause I am only going to put $600 into a folding rig.

I have decided to get 3 1050 tis to fold with.
What precipitated the change?

Curious...is your goal just to play with a cheap F@H system or get the most PPD? You're doing the former, but if you're after the most PPD for your dollar, you should buy a ~$600 video card instead. Also, from previous threads, you mentioned that your existing system would be for F@H?? Confused by the waffling. :)

Just making sure you're on the right track for whatever you want to accomplish (which is...............???). (y)

The 3 cards on $389.And they will have good PPD.
What precipitated the change?

Curious...is your goal just to play with a cheap F@H system or get the most PPD? You're doing the former, but if you're after the most PPD for your dollar, you should buy a ~$600 video card instead. Also, from previous threads, you mentioned that your existing system would be for F@H?? Confused by the waffling. :)

Just making sure you're on the right track for whatever you want to accomplish (which is...............???). (y)
Post magically merged:

I am also in the prosses of building my new gamming rig.

The 3 cards on $389.And they will have good PPD.
....you didn't manage to answer the question. :)

What is your goal with this new folding rig...is it to play with multi-card folding for the experience or to get the most PPD for the money?

FTR, you're only doing one of those (the first thing - 100% ok if that's your goal). If you're looking to get the most PPD for your dollar for this machine, a single $400 video card will trounce those old ones and be more efficient (electricity) in the process. Whatever direction you want to go is, of course, OK, but just make sure you understand what decisions you're making up front instead of kicking yourself in the arse on the backend making uniformed decisions with a limited budget. :)

I am also in the prosses of building my new gamming rig.
Trust me, we know!

So what is a good example of a $400 card that is Nivida.
0-2 in answering the question straight up, lol. Just confirming... this is your way of saying you want the most PPD for your dollar, right? :)

An example of a brand new $400 video card from Nvidia is an RTX 4060 Ti. You get about 7M PPD (around 160W) on it compared to the 300k/1M on 1030/1050 (compared to 225W for 3x 1050s, or 100W for 3x 1030s).

We've posted this in a couple of your threads already (including this one)...use this link as a resource for PPD and PPD /KW.

Simply search on the page for the card (I typed in 1030 and 1050) and see where it lands.

Will get 4,191,526 PPD.
No clue where you got that info from. According to the chart above, a 4060 Ti is ~6-7M. I can tell you with mine (W11), it was around 7M for my day of testing before the upcoming challenge.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 074821.png

We've posted this in a couple of your threads already (including this one)...use this link as a resource for PPD and PPD /KW.

Simply search on the page for the card (I typed in 1030 and 1050) and see where it lands.

No clue where you got that info from. According to the chart above, a 4060 Ti is ~5-7M. I can tell you with mine (W11), it was around 7M for my day of testing before the upcoming challenge.

Oops, I see. It varies by WU, but in 24 hours, I made ~7M PPD off it in Windows 11. the image below is with 4060Ti and 3070 for a full 24 hours (both Windows). You can see between both I peaked at ~14M.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 080206.png

The point was, there are much more efficient cards out there for your money. I think you can see that now. :)

The price of a 4060 is $299 and its PPD is https://folding.lar.systems/gpu_ppd/brands/nvidia/folding_profile/ad107_geforce_rtx_4060
Post magically merged:

No clue where you got that info from. According to the chart above, a 4060 Ti is ~6-7M. I can tell you with mine (W11), it was around 7M for my day of testing before the upcoming challenge.

View attachment 364154
It seems to get more PPD in Linix.

Thats why I was Trying to get Mint installed I could run it but the F@H Controller would not work.
Post magically merged:

I just got a idea. What if the folding rig that I have right now I take out 1 of the 1080 tis and replace it with eather the 4060 or 4060 ti but what do I do with the other 1080 ti??

I just got a idea. What if the folding rig that I have right now I take out 1 of the 1080 tis and replace it with eather the 4060 or 4060 ti but what do I do with the other 1080 ti??
.....sell it? Sell both and get one more efficient card for the money to pair with the 4060 ti? Build another PC? Donate to a friend in need? Whatever the hell you want! Not up to us. ;)

Back