• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI k7n2 delta-L Wont post.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

laci90

Registered
Hi,so about 2 a friend gave me his old pc to look at it because he said it doesnt give any image at startup i tried to reset cmos jumper too
nothing he says he plugged in a new dvdrom and restarted then never started up again i spent 2 days just measuring the power supply the motherboard the vga which is an fx5200.I dont know what to do everything seems fine but it doesnt post no beep nothing tried with different power supply different vga rams still wont give anything just starts up and thats all. it fustrates me more than anything so any chance for repair? or the motherboard is dead?

So is there any chance for repairing a corrupted bios?
Hot flash the bios chip on another board or order a new bios chip. They're like $25 all programmed and ready to go.
www.Biosman.com

IMO, the board isn't worth $25. The choice is ultimately yours.

Last edited:
well i dont have a board with that kind of bios chip and i dont think it is worth 25$.thank you for everything

Look at the capacitors on that MB. They should all be flat. If they are domed up they are bad. If they are leaking any brown goop from the top or bottom, they are bad. It is easy to replace them. You do have the find the correct replacements though. I used to get mine from eBay for a few $$$ USD in packs of 5. When you take off the old ones, note the polarity because it does matter.

Back