• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI KT4 giving me wierd beeps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadzone

Well this happends every now and then, i havent being able to determine whats the problems. When i start up the system inmediatly gives me the following beeps:
1B, Silecen, 3B and then you can hear the beeps when you clear the cmos. This is without changing anything. I then took out the video card and nothing beeps so i suspected that this could be but i just checked the card on another pc and it works.

This comes and goes, i have changed the memory and the CPU and nothing. This is the longest it has happened since the other times i just clear the cmos a couple of times and it works.

Any suggestions?

Whats your Bios? My MSI mobo (with Award Bios) only has 2 beep codes, one long beep followed by silence means Memory error.
Three (I think) short beeps followed by silence means Video error.
It may be a compatability issue with your Vid card and Mobo.

If you know your Bios make- use a google search for their web site, they should have a page somewhere with all the meanings.

Well i think its AMI, i have found the page with all the info, its has a total of 8 beeps. I think mine sound 3 or 4 times i'll have to rechek, but when should you start counting? After the first silence?
Code for 3 Beeps : Main Memory Read/Write Error
i Dont think is this one because i changed the memory
Code for 4 Beeps: MOtherboard Timer not Operational
What the hell is this?

Thnks Toy for the info

I'd start counting after the gap of silence (So it would be 3 beeps, silence, START COUNTING, Beeep Beep Beep).

My Mobo is an Intel one but the beep codes should be the same.

Try MemTest (google search)- It may detect your problem (but can't do anythnig about it).
The error may be due to a damaged memory socket (called a Dimm isnt it?). your memory works in different systems? does different sticks of memory work in your dodgy drive?

Toy, i counted know and its 8 beeps. That code from AMI is:
Display memory error. " the system video adapter is an add-in card, replace or reseat the video adapter. If the video adapter is an integrated part of the system board, the board may be faulty."

I allready tested with other video card but its wired, with the new one it dosent beep but also it dosent work?

Could it be that the slot is damaged?

Broken? I would think so.
What were you doing before the problem happened? was it a sudden thing or has it happened gradualey?

Either way- its probably the slot so you may need to take it back (or just replace it if its outside of warrenty).

Toy this has happened a couple of times but this time i think its for good. I had not turn the PC for 3 days so i culd say this happened because of no use, jajaja

I'll trie a couple of thing, but thanks

Back