• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI P67-GD80 (B3) and I7 3770k OC issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ptgtheman

So I have the following system (Pure gaming rig)I am really hoping someone can help as I just wasted a few hundred dollars cracking open my 3770k, upgrading from an 2600k :

CPU: Intel I7 3770k, (OC4.2)
Cooler: Corsair H60, with push/pull
MB: MSI P67-GD80 (B3)
GPU: EVGA GTX 690
RAM: 16 GB G. Skills Ripjaw DDR3 1600
HD: Corsair Force SSD 3 120 GB
PS: 850watt something, can’t remember

So for some reason I can’t seem to overclock past 4.2, even at 4.2 prime 95 crashes with a blue screen instantly when running the torture test. I have all the latest updates drivers, bios, etc. At idle my temps are core 1=37-41, 2=37-39, 3=36-39, 4=37-39. Coretemp says my VID is 1.2510 CPU z says my core voltage is 1.136. If I move the multiplier in my bios past 42 then it won’t even load windows. I can’t imagine it’s a heat issue, this was my first time applying shin etsu as a thermal paste and was really thick, but nothing seems to running hot. My goal is get to 4.6 but it’s not looking so good. Also I just swapped out my mobo as my last one wouldn't even let me in the bios. When I got the new one I also upgraded my CPU to the 3770k. Thanks for anything help you can provide.

I had only ever used to the OC genie feature the mobo has. When I went to oc it beyond what that feasture offered I found that the bios chip was bad and I did an RMA on the mobo. Once I received the replacement mobo I opened the 3770k I had sitting around.

I assume you used the OC Genie function for the 3770K, too? I would suggest you read through some of our guides and overclock it manually. I don't know the exact voltages for ivybridge, however 1.136V might be too low.

I don't know the voltages for that low a clock. But i do know for about 4.7Ghz mine took 1.375V. I know chips vary, but that might give you a ballpark.

Back