• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI P67A-GD55 1155 Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
am i seeing right youre running the ram in the black slots? is that best or does it matter?
thanks

ok, thanxs im going to go pick up my 2600k today then i will start my building... :santa:

i set my cpu speed to 4.4 in bios i boot into windows, windows says its still 3.4 BUT cpu-z says im at 4.4 is my system at 4.4 in windows or no? thanks

im running my video card in the pcie 16 slot far from the cpu does it matter? i mean will it cause any stability issues? or is there any setting i should change because its in that slot?

im running my video card in the pcie 16 slot far from the cpu does it matter? i mean will it cause any stability issues? or is there any setting i should change because its in that slot?

No problem, running in either slot is just fine.

Updated bios settings.
CPU Base Frequency [10kHz] [10200]
Adjust CPU Ratio [53]
Adjust CPU Ratio in OS [Disabled]
Internal PLL Overvoltage [Enabled]
EIST
Intel Turbo Boost [Enabled]
DRAM Frequency [DDR3-2133MHz]
Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) [Disabled]
DRAM Timing Mode Unkink
Spread Spectrum [Disabled]
VDroop Control [High VDroop]
CPU Core Voltage [1.55]
CPU I/O Voltage [1.19]
DRAM Voltage [1.61]
System Agent Voltage (SA) [1.025]
CPU PLL Voltage [1.70]
PCH 1.05 [Auto]
DDR_VREF_CA_A [0.74]
DDR_VREF_CA_B [0.74]
DDR_VREF_DA_A [0.74]
DDR_VREF_DA_B [0.74]
Overclocking/Advanced DRAM Configuration
1 8 8 8 24, the rest on Auto
Overclocking/CPU Features
Active Processor Cores [All]
Limit CPUID Maximum [Disabled]
Execute Disable Bit [Disabled]
Intel Virtualisation Tech [Disabled]
Intel VT-D Tech [Disabled]
Power Technology [Disabled]
C1E Support [Disabled]
Overspeed Protection [Disabled]
Intel C-State [Disabled]
Package C State Limit [No Limit]
Long Duration Power Limit (W) 200
Long Duration Maintained (ms) 1000
Long Duration Power Limit (W) 200
Primary plane turbo power limit 0
1-Core Ratio Limit 53
2-Core Ratio Limit 53
3-Core Ratio Limit 53
4-Core Ratio Limit 53

In order for me to run with these settings, I had to have the cpu temp pretty low. Otherwise it wouldn't boot into W7.
I use a "ghetto" chiller..

With these settings I was able to run the 3dmark's for my new high scores.

Last edited:
EDITED
OnD what were your temps on this last OC you have posted? I am at 1.290cpu [email protected]. My temps at 100% load are 62c with one core being 57c.

At 4.4GHZ I was able to leave the CPU core V, on Auto, but at 4.5GHZ it required 1.290v.

How much does the CPU core voltage need to be increased for each 100MGZ? Like will 4.6 need 1.30? Or is there no pattern to it? Where do these chips hit the danger zone for heat the 70c or 80c?

Last edited:
I think you've mixed up your voltages? Can you take a picture of your bios settings?
Oh sorry as soon as you said that, I knew I had a typo, I moved the decimal to the correct place and added the 1(1.290). That look better? Any other changes I need? Since its in Ubuntu I can't properly test my clocks, I am running smp f@h to test. 4.5 has been good for 3 hours. RAM is rated @2133.

Attachments

• G65.JPG
    G65.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
EDITED
OnD what were your temps on this last OC you have posted? I am at 1.290cpu [email protected]. My temps at 100% load are 62c with one core being 57c.

At 4.4GHZ I was able to leave the CPU core V, on Auto, but at 4.5GHZ it required 1.290v.

How much does the CPU core voltage need to be increased for each 100MGZ? Like will 4.6 need 1.30? Or is there no pattern to it? Where do these chips hit the danger zone for heat the 70c or 80c?

When I ran those settings the ambient temp was under 70, maybe near 65.
I also have a ghetto chiller(a bucket of ice) type set up so my cpu temps, according to coretemp, were under 20 idle/mid 40's load. Sorry I don't have any ss of the settings above. These of course were at a lower vcore and mhz.

Last edited:
Hey sorry man is this the GD65 or GD55 because in your thread title you say 55 but your first post says 65 and the two have a few differences in the PWM area that might affect certain voltage suggestions etc. HTH.

Probably the same board shown in all of the pictures in the first post ;)

I'll get the error fixed :)

*edit: can't seem to find what you're referring to.

Back