• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI R7850 Twin Frozr OC edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sloshedmr_bones

Registered
Recently purchased GPU and have had nothing but issues just trying to get it to work. I installed the card everything was fine with that, however, drivers for it will not do anything but give me crashes. I installed the drivers off the CD it came with, AMD site and the MSI site and same issue every time. The ATI catalyst control center crashes as soon as I open it and then it gives me Load MMdriver application stopped working error. I have installed and unistalled them countless times now and I am so frustrated I don't know what else to do. Suggestions or similar problems with a solution that anyone knows of?

Last edited:
Is there a specific question or point you need to make in reference to this particular GPU?

Post edited as the OP has been edited.

Have you tried completely uninstalling all of the old drivers and then reinstalling the new ones?

Last edited:
Well I suppose the question in question would be the question posed at the end of the question.

I had a few weird issues going from my 6850 to my 7850, but I can't remember for sure what I did to resolve the problem. It may have been a full reinstall of W7.
What card were you running before this one?

I hate to say it, but just a quick google search of the issue leads to a lot of people reinstalling the OS.

Logan I have unistalled the drivers I have installed I am not sure what is what. At this point anything is better than what I've got. Please share away.

Rescuetoaster what exactly are you googling? Because it seems we are googling two different things.

use this to uninstall your drivers http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx

then install the latest drivers for your card from the amd website
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx
i went by your sig...vista 32bit if you have something else disregard the driver link

and after you uninstall the drivers make sure you reboot dont install the new ones right after and if that STILL doesnt work then use the utility in safemode

Tried installing that driver utility but its only for windows 7. I still have not been able to make an headway on this issue. Has anyone else had this issue? How did you fix it?

Back