• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Msi rma?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Horrerblade

So i am sending my 7950 TF3 in tomorrow (11/30/2012) it was an open box item so i was wondering (i know they have serial based warranty) how is there warranty service?

They sent me a replacement on my 560ti, it turned out that the cards heat pipes were dented badly, so I immediately sent that back. Cool thing is they sent me a Hawk edition

Through NORMAL circumstances, I have had no trouble with MSI's RMA process in the two times I used them over the last couple of years.

MSI's warranty service is horrible. I would doubt they changed.
It would do the OP well if you were to explain why you had a horrible experience... as it was quite an exception what you were doing (assuming we are talking about the MPower) and likely wouldnt effect the OP. :thup:

Through NORMAL circumstances, I have had no trouble with MSI's RMA process in the two times I used them over the last couple of years.

It would do the OP well if you were to explain why you had a horrible experience... as it was quite an exception what you were doing (assuming we are talking about the MPower) and likely wouldnt effect the OP. :thup:

Very true. I'm going from what I currently experienced and past ones as well. What steams me the most is a company the doesn't stand by their products even if it was out of warranty, and the end user wants to pay out of pocket for out of warranty repairs, yet they refuse. Not like the product was modded in any way (such as volt modding or putting it under LN2 for extreme benchmarking by the end user). A simple problem that can be remedied, yet they refuse to. Not a company I would stand behind nor recommend.

I actually had a good experience with them. Had to RMA my Wind a year or two ago, and it was probably the fastest RMA experience I had. The entire time, from first contacting MSI through RMAing, was smooth enough that I tend to chose MSI these days.

Yea I just did the online rma thing worked out pretty well shipped it out yesterday so they should get it on a week plus 3 weeks to get it back to me this is going to be the longest month ever lol no video games till I get a replacement

Yea I just did the online rma thing worked out pretty well shipped it out yesterday so they should get it on a week plus 3 weeks to get it back to me this is going to be the longest month ever lol no video games till I get a replacement

Good luck with that.

SO they rma'd it and getting it back Monday hopefully its fixed now all i have to do is switch from the igpu to the discrete so if i reset cmos it should fix it right

I've had a really bad time with MSI RMA. I had to keep a log. They kept sending me cheaper cards than what I bought. After three times with that, I demanded a card equal to or greater than what I bought. They replied that they didn't have my card. "So send me a better card!" They sent me non-working cards etc.

The Twin Frozr that they put on thier cards seem to fail for me a lot. I had purchased three of thier cards before the problem really surfaced. I can't buy from them again because of the way they treated all of my RMA's.

All I ever asked from them is to honor thier warrenty with equal or better parts. They sent sub standard replacements repeatedly.

Back