• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI vs ASUS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KaiPLN

My friend offered me his Asus M3A79-T Deluxe for my MSI K9A2 Platinum and my question is what other benefit except the sb600 in my msi and sb750 in the asus will i get when i switch boards with him???
Is the asus that much better at overclocking due to the sb750???or i wont see that big of a difference??:confused:
Does the Asus board come with acc???
I know that the M3A79-T Deluxe was the best board to have before AM3 came out...

Last edited:
Well, some of that depends on your CPU. If you've got a Phenom I you'll definitely see a better OC because of ACC.

For the rest, I've heard the M3A79-T has the same level of power stability as the '32' series boards ASUS produced (A8N32, M2N32, M3A32) and if that's true I'd say it's an upgrade, though I know the K9A2 is also a VERY good board ...

If KaiPLN has a Phenom I and the other guy doesn't that's reason enough. Both boards are excellent clockers but ACC will definitely help out a Phenom I ...

Personally, I wouldn't bother. Too much effort (full reinstall etc) for too little "potential" benefit.

If KaiPLN has a Phenom I and the other guy doesn't that's reason enough. Both boards are excellent clockers but ACC will definitely help out a Phenom I ...

Well he has a 9950 in his ASUS and I know that this swap is:screwy:...but I know this guy for a long time and I sometimes have doubts as to what is going on in his head....lol

Lol, I avoid my computer when drinking... Stuff thats ridiculously simple becomes too complicated to figure out after drinks

Anything beyond queuing more songs up in Winamp has me beat while smashed. :beer:

Lol, I avoid my computer when drinking... Stuff thats ridiculously simple becomes too complicated to figure out after drinks

Anything beyond queuing more songs up in Winamp has me beat while smashed. :beer:

Lol nothing too crazy I say but if im smashed I just avoid my pc altogether not even winamp cuz my eyes get crazy from my monitor lol

Anyway...Im lurking toward doing the swap though lol

Lol nothing too crazy I say but if im smashed I just avoid my pc altogether not even winamp cuz my eyes get crazy from my monitor lol

Anyway...Im lurking toward doing the swap though lol

It's easy, change your font size to 20 and its all good dude. Mines permanently like that so even if I don't have my glasses on, I can see it from about 30cm away. Or if drink, I need my glasses on.... :p

Well he has a 9950 in his ASUS and I know that this swap is:screwy:...but I know this guy for a long time and I sometimes have doubts as to what is going on in his head....lol
If he's not OC'ing it then it won't matter which board he's running. With a Phenom II you'll see very little difference between the boards ...

Why is it that the ACC helps when oc Phemon Is? I've read that on this board before.

Why is it that the ACC helps when oc Phemon Is? I've read that on this board before.
ACC is a kind of clock skew for the CPU cores based on a timing signal from the SB. Phenom II's have built-in ACC so the CPU reads the timing signal and adjusts the skew automatically. Phenom I's can't read the signal so if there's any adjustment to be made the BIOS has to do it. Without that ACC adjustment the cores start tripping over each other when they're OC'ed.

Note: That information is based off informed opinions from others. To my knowledge AMD has never released details on ACC ...

Back