• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED MSI X299 LED Lights not working after EKWB Monoblock Install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

O&G

Registered
I installed the new EKWB monoblock for the MSI X299 boards. It requires you to remove the VRM cooler. On the MSI X299 ACK board there is a LED light on the cooler with an input labeled LED1 near it. After I got the PC up and running I noticed none of the LED lights were working on the MOBO, minus the RAM and monoblock RGB. The mystic software wasn't working either. I debated the issue and figured it must be due the missing link I removed in the LED chain on the MOBO. I removed the LED from the cooler and installed it back on top of the monoblock so it looked decent. All the lights work now, but I'm still having trouble with the software, even after I removed it and reinstalled. Hopefully I can remedy the issue in the near future, but for now I'll have to settle for the stock red lighting. At least the lights are working now. I posted just as a heads up for anyone else who might have an issue like this.

1bsC64u.jpg

ctxEFh9.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same problem after mounting ekwb block. When i come back to the stock radiator with rgb led. They dont work properly. No color sync with other leds and they blinking :(
Mobo: MSI X299 PRO CARBON AC.

I tried reinstall mystic light software, clean registry, new version of mystic light. Nothing helped :/

I have the same problem after mounting ekwb block. When i come back to the stock radiator with rgb led. They dont work properly. No color sync with other leds and they blinking :(
Mobo: MSI X299 PRO CARBON AC.

I tried reinstall mystic light software, clean registry, new version of mystic light. Nothing helped :/

Make sure all the stock LED's are plugged into the MB. I think we are at BIOS version 1.5.

1) download new bios
2) remove mystic light
3) restart
4) install new bios & restart
5) download latest version of mystic light
6) install
7) reboot

That's what I did to resolve the issue.

Also, MSI Manager, command center and a few other apps have had big updates within the last 2 weeks. Make sure all thats updated.

Make sure all the stock LED's are plugged into the MB. I think we are at BIOS version 1.5.

1) download new bios
2) remove mystic light
3) restart
4) install new bios & restart
5) download latest version of mystic light
6) install
7) reboot

That's what I did to resolve the issue.

Also, MSI Manager, command center and a few other apps have had big updates within the last 2 weeks. Make sure all thats updated.

BIG thanks for quick reply. I will try all :)

Yes, i have newest bios v15. So if you talk about install new bios, you mean to reinstall this v15 bios ?

I add photo with the problem. All leds on mobo are set to orange/yellow. But VRM radiator led cant synchronize with the rest.

Attachments

• 22768132_10213460603882212_701351860_o.jpg
    22768132_10213460603882212_701351860_o.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 220
BIG thanks for quick reply. I will try all :)

Yes, i have newest bios v15. So if you talk about install new bios, you mean to reinstall this v15 bios ?

Seems like you've tried everything I did concerning the software side. Maybe a hardware glitch at the moment. Are you sure you pressed the LED input in MB all the way or correctly? Was the power off to the entire system when you reinstalled the LED?

Seems like you've tried everything I did concerning the software side. Maybe a hardware glitch at the moment. Are you sure you pressed the LED input in MB all the way or correctly? Was the power off to the entire system when you reinstalled the LED?

For now, nothing changed :(

1. the led input in mb - correct
2. power off when i reinstalled the led - yes

I think something is wrong with mb :/

Back