• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo Audio Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mean_dm

Heya guys, friend is having trouble with his new build (As Follows):

Mobo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
CPU: i5-4670K
GPU: MSI 760 GTX
PSU: TX750W Corsair
RAM: Patriot Viper 8g (2x 4g)

Ok, so the audio just doesn't work. The service keeps disabling. He has gone through 2 mobos, and this is the third one, so it's obviously not a mobo issue. When mousing over the sound icon next to the date and time, it pulls up a bubble that says:

The Audio Service is not running.

When he clicks on the icon, it pulls up windows troubleshooting and it fixes the problem of the audio service not running. However, when he goes to open a program that plays sound, any sound, or clicks on the icon, it disables again with a red x and he has to redo the troubleshooting.

*EDIT*
Looking through Services.msc, I can restart Windows Audio and it restarts it, but doing anything just disables it again.

He can listen to youtube IF he plugs in his audio playback device through his keyboard, but ANYTHING else, and the problem continues to happen.

*EDIT*
Ok, so I uninstalled his Realtek Drivers and he can use the sound. But, doesn't really solve the issue :(

Last edited:
RMA it?

I have the same board as you no issues with sound so far.

Stupid question, Have you done all the bios/firmware/driver updates? And what OS are you running 7or8?

Has he tried troubleshooting the GPU drivers? My recent GPU upgrade drivers messed up my onboard audio drivers. Has he been using the same GPU on both mobos?

Might try moving the GPU to a different slot depending than where he has it for grins and giggles if hasn't tried that yet.

Sounds like some kind of lane conflict here to me at any rate *shrug*

Back