• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

multimeter voltages are fine but pc wont start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cvancek

Fsp everest 80plus 500w

So,i checked the voltages and all were within tolerance range(most of them were on the + side)
However,my pc can start with a very old 420w psu that doesnt even have a gpu cable,can i be sure the psu is dead?

I tried short starting the pc with a screwdriver and it wouldnt budge,with the 420 one it was successful...

I had put a new gpu and it wont start since then(literally wouldnt start,new gpu was sitting there),tried to put the old gpu,wont work anymore as well

Fsp everest 80plus 500w

So,i checked the voltages and all were within tolerance range(most of them were on the + side)
However,my pc can start with a very old 420w psu that doesnt even have a gpu cable,can i be sure the psu is dead?

I tried short starting the pc with a screwdriver and it wouldnt budge,with the 420 one it was successful...

I had put a new gpu and it wont start since then(literally wouldnt start,new gpu was sitting there),tried to put the old gpu,wont work anymore as well

Sounds like it died.
Time for a new one :)

PC specs?
That way we can tell you what's you'll need.

Back