• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Mushkin Launches New ALPHA Series Solid State Drives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Mushkin has just announced the ALPHA series high-performance solid-state drives. Offering both high speeds and large capacity, the ALPHA series drives will be available in huge (for M.2 SSDs) 4TB and 8TB with max sequential speeds of 3300Mb/s read and 3000Mb/s write. Both drives are controlled by a Phison E12S controller, a 3D NAND memory controller, and utilize PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe 1.3 interface. Here is the full press release from Mushkin.

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see new Mushkin products. I wish they would get back into the performance memory market again because I've always liked their stuff.

Agreed... good to see them again! :)

I think they cover an overwhelming majority of users already with the RAM speed (they have DDR4 3600 sticks... sweetspot for Intel and AMD, really). But I'd like to see 4000+ at this point.

I haven't touched anything Mushkin since DDR2. Hopefully they become relevant again.

I haven't touched anything Mushkin since DDR2. Hopefully they become relevant again.

Probably because Mushkin was pretty much not existing on the enthusiast/overclockers market since DDR2 ;) After a wave of RMA because of dead D9 modules, they switched to less-problematic but also less OC-friendly IC. Early DDR3 were still not bad but after that was nothing interesting and even below the average. Now the brand mostly lives in memories of old overclockers (who mostly "retired").

Most other brands released their Phison E12 SSD a long time ago and its speed is already a standard so it feels like another product made for the masses.

Back