• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin silverline

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraTaco

Hey guys, I just won ebay Mushkin Enhanced Silverline ddr3-1333. 2x4GB ram. I know it's dual channel and my i7 920 is triple, but I'm sure it'll be plenty bandwidth.

Do you know if it's good ram? I read it's sort of budget-ish, but hey, it was $33 + 3 shipping! I only have 3x1gb 1067 sticks ddr3

Anyone used it before? How does it tolerate, say...1500mhz? Or lower timings? Can it handle more than 1,5v?

Please share knowledge or experiences, I couldn't find much info on web.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Mushkin (you'll want to fix that typo...) is good RAM, as far as I know. Other than PNY most RAM today is pretty fair stuff. And PNY works, it just doesn't OC. For that price it would definitely be worth trying to get another set!

Mama mia!! I apologize, I'm on the phone and it autocorrect to some weird things sometimes!!

It was only one left, btw. Probably someone purchased, but never got around to using..

I wanted to ggo something 1600, but when I saw the price with auction ending and zero bids, I figured it'll do just fine!! :)

Same as their 1600 silverline kit. ;)
You should be able to do 1600 @ 1.5v @ 9-9-9-24

Wow! No way, that is awesome! Well, with my overclocking it'll be somewhere 1500. It's a 920, so I can only do multis like 6-8-10 and stuff, but the frequency floats around depending on where I am on my baseclock..

And besides, my northbridge will need generous voltage running higher seed ram. If I an squeeze a bit tighter timings, I'll be set :)

I wonder why they don't do 3gb sticks to have triple channel 9gb ram..that would be great!

No, I believed you, I just wanted to check at stock first to make sure it's not defective or anything. :)

Back