• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mushkin xp4400 2x dual kit problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stdu007

first i got a 1 gig dual chanel kit of mushkin xp4400 (2x512) i can push it to 275 fbs whit no problem ... i buy another kit of the same memory ... and now whit my 2 dual kit (4x512) i just can set up my computer at stock speed ... no o/c stable ...

here is my rig ....
dfi lp 875p-t lga 775
p4 640 @ 1.425 vcore
4 x 512 megs (2 dual kit) mushkin xp4400 @ 2.8 vdimm
ocz power strean 420 watts ....

so what is the best stay whit only 1 gig whit higher fsb
or more memoruy whit less fsb ...

just need advise on that :bang head

thank's

With 4x512 DIMMs you have to run 2T in your memory options in your BIOS. I'm positive you have to for AMD and I'm pretty sure you do too for Intel, but I could be wrong. Try setting it to 2T and overclock a little bit. Also, with more memory sticks, the memory controller has to work much harder to address all 4 sticks which usually results in a loss of speeds in your overclock. Try raising your VDIMM a bit more to 2.9 and then overclock.

try !!!

ok i will try !!! but for the 2t setting i think i dont get this option whit the intel board ....
Photo005.jpg

Photo004.jpg

Photo001.jpg

this is my bios setting !!!

i'll try !!!!

:shrug:
but notting better then stock speed whit all four bank full ... try whit only 2 and everythig is ok ....

so anybody what to buy or trade for this set of dual xp4400 from mushkin ...

steph

Back