• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Overclocking Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

desert_fox

hey guys...im just newbie here...im having a problem overclocking my system...if im OCing thru the ai booster my pc really works fast as i have only increase my fsb to 232 MHz 1:1 ratio...if i play a game like counter strike by myself, my pc is stable...the problem is when i go online or join our own LAN game here...im getting freeze for about 3 seconds for every 30-40 seconds interval...its a loop problem...i've tried to uninstall the ai booster and overclock thru the bios w/ agp/pci lock,ddr 400 freq,and same 232 MHz fsb, my pc then looks stable even if i joined online games...the freezing doesnt exists anymore but the problem is the performance of my pc get much slower speed than when i OCing thru the ai booster. I've tried to change my CPU(from presscott to northwood),Ram(from Kingston to OCZ),Video card(from ATI to Geforce) and motherboard(from MSI to Asus) but same problem...anyone here experienced same problem ? any advise ?

MSI GeForce Fx 5900XT
Zalman CU7000 air cooling
350 watts PSU generic
Sound Blaster 4.1
Realtek LAN card
Windows SP1 or SP2

set it to what percent you want to oc to

up your volatage to 1.6

lock your memory to 200mhz
try that

i've tried to overclock thru the bios with 1:1 ratio at freq of 232 Mhz (w/c is my RAM freq too) and my system is stable even if i play games but the speed is much...much slower than when i overclock thru ai booster. I've check the actual info thru cpu_z utility and both OCing thru ai booster and thru the bios have identical result.
I dont know now what is the difference between Ocing thru the bios and the asus utility ai booster which is faster in speed than thru the bios but freezing constantly.

One more thing i've tried every Vdimm,Vcore,agp voltage settings but same results. 200 freq is much slower in games but stable.

Back