• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MX1000 is getting flaky - its new mouse time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jcw122 said:
*COUGH* wired *COUGH*

Don't get the G5 unless you can cope with a single side button...it's the only thing about it that irritates me.

The new G5 has 2 side buttons now :D

And see what I mean Capt Fiero? Their service rocks :D

Capt Fiero said:
Well I called them up today, and WOW, is all I can say. I gave them all my product info and explained the issue.

They are sending me a brand new MX Revolution to replace my MX1000. I have never been so pleased with customer support in my life. I am very happy that I am a Logitech customer. I will continue to buy from them for a very long time.

Join the club haha.

I got the MX518 because I didn't want to sacrifice the forward button after my MX1000 went bad.

Springbok said:
I got the MX518 because I didn't want to sacrifice the forward button after my MX1000 went bad.

The revolution has a forward button, should you decide to replace your mx1000 under warranty.

wow, another new Logitech satisfaction story from me. My G5 all of a sudden started making weird noises in between scrolls, like something was grinding. I e-mailed them just to see if this was worthy of an RMA. It still works fine, just makes a weird noise/feels a little weird. They are sending me a replacement, AND letting me keep my old mouse. Go Logitech!

Well my new MX Revolution showed up today, that was really quick service on there part.

Now for the Hmm. I am still happy with the service and am happy with Logitech in the broad range of things, but I have used this mouse for about 6hrs so far and frankly, I really don't like it thus far. I really miss the zoom down and zoom up. The side scroll wheel which I thought would be so cool is too far forward to reach comfortably with my thumb. The shape of the mouse has gone backwards in my opinion. Maybe I just got so accustom to the unique shape of the MX1000 and this makes this one just feel strange to me. I will give it a few weeks and see if my mind changes and if it doesn't. You will find it in the for sale section and I will just go out and find someplace that still has the MX1000 in stock and buy another one.

Capt Fiero said:
Well my new MX Revolution showed up today, that was really quick service on there part.

Now for the Hmm. I am still happy with the service and am happy with Logitech in the broad range of things, but I have used this mouse for about 6hrs so far and frankly, I really don't like it thus far. I really miss the zoom down and zoom up. The side scroll wheel which I thought would be so cool is too far forward to reach comfortably with my thumb. The shape of the mouse has gone backwards in my opinion. Maybe I just got so accustom to the unique shape of the MX1000 and this makes this one just feel strange to me. I will give it a few weeks and see if my mind changes and if it doesn't. You will find it in the for sale section and I will just go out and find someplace that still has the MX1000 in stock and buy another one.

I was in the same boat until I started playing with it more, all that side scroll every does is act as a forward back through windows like alt+tab (if you have software set as so) As for the soom, try clicking the top mouse wheel in, it goes to free spin mode which is rather fun to play with, that and it has a smart spin on it and everything, I am rather impressed by that part.

As for shape, felt odd coming from the MX1000, but played most of the day on wow, and I realized that with my big hands its a really nice mouse. Also the whole build of the mouse is very top notch and thought out. Looks strange, but it feels right. Also no need for mouse skates out of the box, another welcome addition to this great mouse. :D Keep using on it, I am sure that it will grow on you, I was the same way when I got my MX1000, it was a good deal different then any of the previous MX mice :p

Back