• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1st Time! Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Really to be honest with watercooling usually one of the main benefits becides the occational higher oc is the lesser amount of noise. With a chevette heatercore and a pair of 120mm fans you can make a fairly efficient and quiet setup. Only complaint I had about my WC experience was the fact that my tygon was so hard to get into the right positions it ended up forcing me to stick the pump right next to the case door and every once in a while it would push the pump into the door causing the case to chatter(very annoying). I think the key to a quiet setup is large fans and proper mounting of the pump lol. Also if you want an easy setup I always say use a rez since I tried the t-line thing and it is a real pain to fill and bleed. Cheap rez equals pvc pipe and some fittings at the local hardware.

No no no, not pvc. Clear plastic tubing with uv lights and highlighter ink in the water. Just think about the sick green glow that would come off of that thing. Beautiful. Then again, I like to run my computer while I'm sleeping. Maybe making my entire computer radioactive looking isn't the best idea ;)

My system will be running Monday.

I would have had it running today, but my girlfriend just got surgery and I'm spending the weekend here at her house :)

Water is in my future too, but I don't think it's gonna help my overclock on the CPU, just the video card... JP.. good lookin setup there, hope 2.8 ghz is in your future..

The PVC solution is good if you only want to spend about 5-10 on the rez. If you want clear pvc or acrylic your going to have to add a couple more dollars to that but it can be done. If you feel up to it you can always get a sheet of acrylic or polycarbonate and build your own rez(guess who got a big arse piece of acrylic for nothing hehe).

Nightingale said:
If you feel up to it you can always get a sheet of acrylic or polycarbonate and build your own rez(guess who got a big arse piece of acrylic for nothing hehe).
Haha, post some pics when you're done! :D

No kidding. You can get polycarb for cheap? You lucky duck. It costs like 25 bucks for a 3x3 sheet over here. Which is a lot more than any resevoir you can find online. Plus you have to build it afterward. Work, extra work is badddddddd. JK, I like doing extra work on my computer and car, so a resevoir wouldn't bug me.

Well what happend is on this house that my uncle bought we are doing the renevation work for him and on this large front window there was a big piece of acrylic sheet over it as weather insulation,but he decided he thought it looked tacky having scratches etc in it so he said I can have it. The piece is about 5'x5'x1/8" and it has some scratches and hazing in it but I figure I can either purpously give it a frosted look or get some novus polishing compound and work the scratches out of any finished piece I do. Also a case for an HTPC comes to mind lol.

I started this project one month ago tomorrow and FINALLY it's up and RUNNING! Putting WinXP Pro on it right now as we speak :D

Here is the picture I took right before I plugged everything in and turned it on. I was so nervous something was going to go wrong or it just wasn’t going to turn on or something lmao, but it did, and it did very nicely, as you can see in the 2nd & 3rd pictures.

watercooled003.jpg

Finally running! It's going to look awesome in the dark tonight! I CANT wait!!!

watercooled004.jpg

As you can see on my monitor I'm in the BIOS. The system Temp was 26C and the CPU Temp was 24C - How awesome is that?!?!?! :D

watercooled005.jpg

Now its getting everything installed, setup & updated for the rest of the night hehe

Haha that was fast Aphex :D Thank you.

I SERIOUSLY couldnt have done it without this community of ppl here at ocforums and I thank you ALL very much!

Looks good... That's exactly how I had mine when I had bayres. Two things. Well, I already mentioned the first one a while back. The intake... maybe you'll get around to mod it some more later:) Second. It doesn't look like you have enough slack on the tubes in between the block and the bayres. It was PITA when I was trying to refill it. I ended up looking for a small, thin and long funnel...didn't find one:(

Thanks three :)

threeputt said:
The intake... maybe you'll get around to mod it some more later:) Second. It doesn't look like you have enough slack on the tubes in between the block and the bayres.
Yeah, thank God I was going slow enough to think to take that into consideration... I left just enough to pull the res out far enough to access the hole :) And about the front - yeah ppls have told me, including you, to open it up more, and I will def. take that advice if I am unhappy with the results... but at 2GHz it was 24C so if you ask me I'm real happy with it so far! :D

Finally NIGHT TIME out!!

Here's some cool pictures of it @ night :)

watercooled006.jpg

watercooled007.jpg

watercooled008.jpg

I like!

Back