• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Antec P180 Wiring Job

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burner27

Install took about 4.5 hours from an Antec Sonata to this thing. Sheesh---wasn't easy but well worth it. I have since removed the drive trays from the center HDD rack to allow better airflow.

The wiring job was going great up until I added my SATA drives. Then the "wheels came off" so to speak and now it just turned into a mediocre wiring job.

Enjoy--

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7

Last edited:
Looks clean as hell man. Good job. Mine are almost as good as yours, but I need to work harder. Too bad that I don't have my digicam now. Could be months before I get mine back. :(

Sentential said:
Very nice, what GFX card is that? GTX?
Asus P5WD2 Premium
P4 840 Extreme Edition
2GB Kingston HyperX PC5400 DDR2
BFG 7800GTX 256MB
2 x Plextor PX-716a DVD Burner
1 x 300GB Seagate 7200.8
1 x 300GB Maxtor DM10 16MB SATA
2 x Hitachi 400GB
SB Audigy 4 Pro
Onboard 10/100/1000 NIC
PC P&C Turbo Cool 510 Deluxe Express PSU
:p

what kinds of temps are you gettin on that 840?

Take note of pics #5 & 7 - the combo of PC P&C 510 + P180 is a nasty chore when it comes to using a full length card in the last PCI slot _and_ when your motherboard (such as my Epox) has the 24pin motherboard connector on the other side (I/O side) of the CPU socket.

The thickness of the black mamba power supply cables and the exit location on the power supply makes for an unyielding fit when trying to snake them through the existing hole in that P180.

But after the Dremel cutting wheel is put away and your system is built and purring along silently, it's all good :)

Back