• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My ASUS Crosshair III Won't wake up from Sleep Mode,Please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thomas73

Hi Everybody,I am currently using a Crosshair III mobo and AMD Phenom II X4 955,For some unknown reasons,my PC locks up when I put it to sleep or standby despite having replaced my mobo,ram and psu.

Here are my components:

Mobo:CrossHair III Formula 790FX
CPU:AMD Phenom II X4 955 RB-C3@3800MHz(200x19,bus:200,HT Link:2600NB:2600)
CPU Cooler:CoolerMaster V8
Ram:Team Xtreem DDR3 1866LV 2X2GB@1600MHz
OCZ XTC 2 Memory cooler
Graphics:Asus EAH5870 Matrix 2GB GDDR5
HDD:1XWDC 1TB EARS,1XSeagate 500GB
PSU:Upgraded to Icute Titanium Pro 1050W 80+ Modular
Case:CoolerMaster CM690 Pure
Cooling fans:CoolerMaster Sickle flow 2000rpm 90cfm Red Led fans x7
Speakers:Edifier S550 5.1CH
A.C. Ryan 2x30cm Red LED CCFL lights:rock:
35253_146613208685576_100000106921144_463989_4739125_n.jpg

Last edited:
are you using windows 7 by chance? because that had a problem with sleep mode where it would not wake up from it and you had to restart. also, if you have cool and quiet running on that OC, that could be a problem too.

turn of power management stuff in windows control panel, I had to do that to get mine to not do the same thing with win 7. as for cool and quiet, it drops your voltage pretty low when it down clocks your cpu causing instability.

Make sure C1E is enabled.

And :welcome: to the forums you two!

I believe that since sleep stores the memory, it would be best to turn harddrive to never sleep. I had problems where I wouldn't log off and the power saver would spin down the hard drive. When I got back, I had to wait 10+ seconds for the hard drive to spin back up. :shrug:

I believe that since sleep stores the memory, it would be best to turn harddrive to never sleep. I had problems where I wouldn't log off and the power saver would spin down the hard drive. When I got back, I had to wait 10+ seconds for the hard drive to spin back up. :shrug:
At least yours spun back up. Mine wouldn't, so I had to set it so they didn't power down ... :-/

I have never had good hibernate/sleep/standby performance with any mobo I have ever overclocked. I always just power down, or run stock speeds until I'm getting ready to game or something. Sucks...I know, maybe it's just me. :rain:

I am using Vista Ultimate x64,Thanks for the advice,I just got my Asus HD5870 matrix 2GB GDDR5,can't wait to see its performance.

Ok,but which value in the bios should I adjust to change the NB value?I am new to OCing,I use CPU Level up to OC.

Last edited:
Ok,but which value in the bios should I adjust to change the NB value?I am new to OCing,I use CPU Level up to OC.

I think it was cpu/nb frequency was the one, too lazy to restart to check and make sure lol.

:eek:I'll check it out,thanks.By the way does the function Extreme OV enhances OC performance?

extreme OV only allows higher voltages to be used (extreme overvolt), great for benching with extreme cooling, I have mine enabled but never really use those voltages.

glad to be of help.
as for games, only games I really play are MMO's for the most part so on a WoW stint now, played eve online for a long time and FFXI, now really waiting for Final Fantasy XIV to be released.

I do play crysis from time to time to get some used out of all this hardware I paid for though lol, still an amazing game.

I now playing Transformers War for Cybertron,best transformers game yet,just completed Just Cause 2,the graphics are breath taking,u should try Mercenaries 2 world in flames,the biggest explosions any 3rd person shooter can offer:rock:The Asus 5870 matrix 2gb is truly awesome,I hit 71.5 FPS on GTA EFLC with max settings,OC the GPU@950/5200.Can I use Tweak it or Turbo V to adjust NB?

Last edited:
At least yours spun back up. Mine wouldn't, so I had to set it so they didn't power down ... :-/

I set mine like that also. :D A way to fix this is to simply switch users. When you're at the logon screen, no user profiles are loaded (IE: power saving... wink wink). It won't go into sleep from the logon screen unless you tell it to.

I think you got it wrong,my pc does not go to sleep when I leave it,it just locks up when I press the Sleep/Standby button on the start bar & I have to reboot it.By the way,is it good to activate Unleash mode & 4 core operation?Does it add to performance?Anyway thanks for your advice that I managed to crank up my NB from 2000-2600 for a slight performance boost with no temperature increment.

Last edited:
If your computer won't go to sleep, I would assume you have C1E/S3 turned off in the bios. Try looking around for either of those and see what they're at.

Back