• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My ASUS Crosshair III Won't wake up from Sleep Mode,Please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It does goes to sleep,only problem it locks up when u try to wake it up:bang head,C1E/S3 are turned on

Define "lock up." Where during the wake up does it lock up? I just tested mine and it sleeps and wakes up just fine. Albeit I don't have a 955 or an CHIII. :shrug:

When I press the sleep button on the OS start menu,my goes to sleep mode,when I press my kb/mouse button(both are USB)to wake it up,all the components start up except no display & my kb/mouse won't power up either.:bang headLock up because my LED Poster displays LOCKED,and the only option is the press reset

Hello,Khan,where are You?You using the same mobo as mine,so I need some help,I updated my bios from 1403 to 1702,my pc just blacked out with no display & won't even boot into post or bios,replaced the mobo but still the same,can't go for bios newer than 1403,any advice?refered this to local Asus agent,keep asking me to replace mobo or CPU.

Last edited:
Here's something to try. Sleep via the OS and then wake it up by pressing the power button. I've always done that and never had trouble. To be honest, I turn KB/Mouse wakeup off in the bios. :shrug:

I tried that,but its a no go,local Asus agent hinted it could be either CPU or PSU mainboard's fault,but since they can only offer to replace my mobo(which I already done twice),I believe its the mobo's Bios issue,I tried upgrading my bios from ver.1403 to ver.1702,but my pc started with no display,unable to boot up to post & bios setup,guess I don't need to mention OS:cry:

Weird. I've been hearing a lot about Asus boards not wanting to update correctly. The problem was that when the bios reset the defaults, the voltages were too low for the cpu. Try updating the bios, clear the CMOS and then go back in, set all your voltages manually and give it a shot.

I already tried updating/Flashing the bios twice,and the results are the same;my bloody pc can't boot up into post or bios,forget windows:bang head I end up having to strip my pc for a mobo replacement,any bios higher than ver.1403,poof!Complete Black out :cry::cry:

If it doesn't even POST after a bios update, I would let Asus know and then change motherboard manufacturers. :shrug: I wouldn't deal with that sh*t.

Local Asus agent suggest a downgrade to a lower range Asus mobo but can't upgrade or change mobo manufacturers,but they did suggest I replace my other components -.-

I bought my mobo direct from Asus Agent/Distributor,They only distribute Asus products,Do u think I can choose any brands other than Asus?:bang head

Agent,Distributor,not seller not shop.I can buy all my pc components within a 15 minute drive from home,why bother to order from internet site?

You're missing the point... I'm not trying to make your life harder. I'm simply saying that if you keep having problems with the same board over and over... Why use it again? :screwy:

I just had an epiphany... Don't put your computer to sleep. That fixes all the problems. In fact, don't turn your computer off at all. It has been proven that turning your computer off every night actually shortens the life of your components. Think about it this way. You run your pc all day and get it nice and hot. Hot materials expand, scientific fact. Then you turn it off at night and those hot parts cool down to room temp (often 10-15* C less than idle temps.). Cool materials shrink, again scientific fact. Have you ever heated and cooled something over and over and over? It makes the parts very brittle and prone to cracking which is exactly what happens to the solder of your parts. Want and example you say? Xbox 360 RROD.

:rock:Actually,I given up on putting my PC to sleep,minor problems aside,this mobo is still very beefy & I can OC up to 4300MHz for gaming & no heat issues.I will upgrade to an AMD 8 Core & maybe Crosshair IV or an equivalent Quad Crossfire 890FX next year.What you said does make sense,will try it out.Oh I forgot to mention,the guy at my local Asus agent is a friend of mine & I got a 25% discount for my Crosshair III

Last edited:
:rock:Actually,I given up on putting my PC to sleep,minor problems aside,this mobo is still very beefy & I can OC up to 4300MHz for gaming & no heat issues.I will upgrade to an AMD 8 Core & maybe Crosshair IV or an equivalent Quad Crossfire 890FX next year.What you said does make sense,will try it out.Oh I forgot to mention,the guy at my local Asus agent is a friend of mine & I got a 25% discount for my Crosshair III
I think your only option is to replace another Crosshair III mobo,I had to change mine once due to CPU stepping issues

Back