• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG My Attempt at a Benching Station

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

X@nder36

Not exactly sure how its going to turn out, but I think it'll be fun! Made a drawing in sketch-up of what the design is going to look like, going to run out to the hardware store this week to get some supplies. Thinking some type of wood that will be stained, and some steel corners to hold it up/together. Not very original, but I'm sure I'll be asking for help/feedback, so I started the thread.

PSU, HDD's and Optical mounted below with holes to wire everything to the top. Not sure if the cables will be long enough, gonna cross that bridge when I get there!

Attachments

• Benchingstation.zip
    84.2 KB · Views: 38
That's prettymuch exactly how i did mine it works great :) I used oak I got a 2x2 sheet from lowest for 15 bucks and used 1/2" aluminum angle for the sides and 1" x 1/8 aluminum strap for the psu mount and pci bracket

Had some time today to make the supports. Broke out the grinder and cut 4x22cm steel corners. And got some cool pictures (excuse bad quality...phone camera). Hoping to make more progress with the wood this weekend. Not exactly sure how I'm going to raise the Mobo off the wood yet... I'm open to suggestions. Enjoy! :beer:

Attachments

• 1130111732.jpg
    1130111732.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 1130111652.jpg
    1130111652.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 1130111717.jpg
    1130111717.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 122
i just drilled holes through the wood put some 6/32 machine screws in them with a nut and cut some 1/8 tubing for a spacer just a nut in each corner after i set on the mobo

I picked up some nylon washers at the local hardware store. I'm thinking maybe that will work

Had the wood cut and holes drilled, and was screwing things together when....crack! My wood split! Not sure how long it will be until I fix this setback...

Yea mine did too, but I figured meh it ain't made to look pretty just work lol

Back