• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My CM690II w/c system - Now with SB and 570GTX SLI!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool. How're temps on the 570's?
I just ran Prime 95 and Unigine Heaven for an hour at 5V and then an hour at 12V in a 24C room. Not a full test but ball park.

Fans @ 12V
CPU: 70C, 69C, 64C, 65C
GPU: 44C, 43C

Fans @ 5V
CPU: 74C, 74C, 69C, 69C
GPU: 50C, 50C

I could prob drop the CPU voltage and still hit 4.8 GHz but I'm fine with the 5V temps for now. My memory was off on the CPU but in games it doesn't get near as hot as 8 core Prime 95 w/Unigine Heaven.

Last edited:
If the author is still around I would like to ask a few question :

-How did you mount the radiator on the back ? could you put a 120.3 instead ? any picture of this particular aspect ?

-In the end you have 3x 120.2 ?

-With all the modding you did on the top can you close the top of the case so it's hidden ?

Sure I'm around. :D

Here are some pics to hopefully address your questions:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks if you could answer these :)
-In the end you have 3x 120.2 ?
-With all the modding you did on the top can you close the top of the case so it's hidden ?
Sure! I ended up with 3x 120.2 rads. The case top is closed but I removed the grill so the fans are not hidden (hence the pic of the top above - it's closed). I used 38mm fans and they are to tall for the top with the grill and it's supports.

EDIT: Almost forgot. You can't fit a 120.3 in either the top or bottom. Top has a drive dock taking up that space. The bottom has the PSU. You could hang one off the back though.

did you think about removing the drive dock ? just putting your dock one dock lower ? It's too bad I don't have one in my hand I could try to see it would fit without modding or maybe be it will with modding

did you think about removing the drive dock ? just putting your dock one dock lower ? It's too bad I don't have one in my hand I could try to see it would fit without modding or maybe be it will with modding
The drive dock I am talking about is built into the top cover it can't be moved lower. Take another look at the CM690 II Advance review here for a picture. I suppose one could delete the dock but it is one of the features I bought this case for.

UPDATE: I re-plumbed the system with two pumps in series and added back in the video card covers (thread about that here).
picture.php

UPDATE: I upgraded to an EVGA GTX 970 and did some re-plumbing.
WP_20170721_17_23_49_ProSmall.jpg

Thanks!

I just realized how darn old this thing is. Time to upgrade the whole shebang I think. But that is material for a new build thread! :)

Thanks!

I just realized how darn old this thing is. Time to upgrade the whole shebang I think. But that is material for a new build thread! :)

Hope that includes new tubing! That looks like a plasticized nightmare unless that's stained from colored fluids.

Back