• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My cpu, i5-450m on my HP dv6t select edition is always at 2.6ghz even at idle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pokrat

I dont know why dynamic cpu speed is not enabled. I first thought something was wrong when I tried to use Granola, but it said DVFS, which allows for dynamic cpu speed, is not enabled. Now i find out that turbo boost is always active, so I know something is definitely wrong. This could explain the high discharge rate battery bar is showing even at idle ~0-5% cpu usage.

Can anyone help me with this problem? Anyone else have these problems?

Thanks

Under power settings/options, what plan are you using? Power Saver? Balanced? High Performance? Are you using Win7 (because I'm looking at my own laptop for reference)?

Under each plan should be an option to go into advanced power settings, there you should be able to find an option to edit the 'processor power management', now I'm not sure if you have more options than I do since I don't have the new processors but there may be an option to disable or set a certain state in which the turbo boost is active or inactive on battery or plugged in. I only have minimum processor state, system cooling policy, and maximum processor state.

Back