• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My CrossFire Pc Build 2008 cnt.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry to threadjack but since sombebody asked, no I didn't have 2 GPUs but this is what I was running with the 600W Powmax Demon

Nforce2 Shuttle mobo with Athlon 2600 mobile clocked at 2.8ghz
Nvidia 6600 clocked at 500/700
14 fans ranging from 80mm-120mm
3 hard drives
2 DVDRW drives
Wireless card
Firewire Card

now the clockspeeds are back to stock on everything

Nade is right about NewEgg reviews though, the new fun thing to do for people is to write bogus NewEgg reviews, most of them tend to be ridiculous and obvious though. If you can afford a better PSU then it would be wise to get it, but a cheap one won't absolutely blow up your pc and turn it into a smoldering pile of goo like people were trying to tell me, as long as the wattage and amperage can handle what you throw out.

Last edited:
Sorry to threadjack but since sombebody asked, no I didn't have 2 GPUs but this is what I was running with the 600W Powmax Demon

Nforce2 Shuttle mobo with Athlan 2600 mobile clocked at 2.8ghz
Nvidia 6600 clocked at 500/700
14 fans ranging from 80mm-120mm
3 hard drives
2 DVDRW drives
Wireless card
Firewire Card

now the clockspeeds are back to stock on everything

Nade is right about NewEgg reviews though, the new fun thing to do for people is to write bogus NewEgg reviews, most of them tend to be ridiculous and obvious though. If you can afford a better PSU then it would be wise to get it, but a cheap one won't absolutely blow up your pc and turn it into a smoldering pile of goo like people were trying to tell me, as long as the wattage and amperage can handle what you throw out.
Nice specs Fudgeman.

Yuppers I'm getting a new PSU and rming the one I've just prcuahsed back....

HX620 is a better choice than the PC P&P. It is cheaper and offers all the power you will need. I have a PC P&P 750 Quad in black and I love it. You just don't need that much PSU, save a few bux and get the HX620. The PC P&P is not modular either which can lead to poor wire management.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139002&Tpk=corsair+620+power+supply <- $150 after rebate.

Personally I wouldn't buy the KINGWIN.

BTW DRP take a chill pill, James was not being rude. He is a very respectable member of the forums and was just trying to help you out.

Wow, I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a PSU.

+1.

the "your pc will be destroyed by a psu" horror story is engraved in my head, but throughout my whole life i've used 'just decent budget' psus.

i've used... antec SP 450watt, xion 500watt (runs a venice 3000+ at stock with 1 gig of ram and onboard and 1 hdd) and my ultra x-finity 600watt.

...then again, i've never had that much money to waste on 2 videocards.

Well here is some photo's of the stuff I've pruchased from newegg.com. It came today and it looks like they sent me the wrong psu but yet this one say's sli ready and the one the one I've showed you guys wasn't.

webshot1.jpg

webshot2.jpg

Any ways I know this is the u[grade psu and I'll be sending it back.

So the build begins.

Back