• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first gamin Pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wolfgorawr

Hi Everyone!

Im posting this to get some info and knowledge when it comes to building a PC.

This is a PC i will keep for a long time so I appreciate any help

Im looking to build a PC for streaming purposes mainly Twitch and video editing for Youtube.

I have come up with the current components and would like some recommendations or changes i should make

or anything i am missing out or should add

Thanks,

Heres the information:

CPU

Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler

Noctua - NH-U12S 55 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard

MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory

Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage

Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Toshiba - X300 5 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card

EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card

Case

NZXT - H700i ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply

EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Operating System

Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

If you are going to do much video editing you would do well to look at 32 gb of RAM.

Does chopping up a YT vid really need 32GB? I'd double check on that before making the purchase. He may have been better off with 9900k and it's more cores/threads for streaming/editing?

Depends on the type of editing he's doing for Youtube videos, I guess. I've just always been under the impression that working with creative content like that is pretty memory intensive.

Some Youtube content is 4k. How much, I don't know. But it will likely be on the rise like everything else video.

video editing is one of the places an nvme pcie ssd can really help us, when used as a scratch drive, the samsung pro is the way to go here.
the evo and most other drives writes slow after a time, the pros will sustain writes for a longer time and give us a reduced, total render time.

if you can order your memory from newegg as 2x16gb ddr4 3200 and dont need rgb you can save about $100
it might help you upgrade your cpu or gpu. also price compare amazon vs newegg.

Back