• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendations for more parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Night44

Registered
I have some extra money so I'm looking for some suggestions on more components I need.
Wifi 6 router. Hopefully not more than $200.
Looking for a new case similar to the one I have.
https://www.newegg.com/black-with-b...m_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-11-208-030-_-03312022
The blue light isn't important. I like having my power and reset buttons on top. I take it the power supply being on the bottom would be better?
Looking for a 2 tb nvme card for my new motherboard.
I could also use video card and 32-inch monitor suggestions.
I also have a question. Should I have gotten 3600 MHz instead of 3200 MHz memory? I'm also considering going to an 8-core CPU. I don't do a lot of heavy gaming so I'm wondering if it's even needed.
Even though I do research I like knowing what others think from their experience.
Thanks,
Night

Last edited:
First question is - what's your budget?

The NVMe drive answer is pretty straight forward - Samsung 980 Pros are high end, but high price. More mid range, I like my PNY CS3040. But of course I may be biased on both.

Video cards, of course they are still at a premium, so your budget really comes into play. Also the type of monitor you're leaning towards - if you're thinking 4K and all that. If you're honestly not into a lot of heavy gaming, something mid range like a 3060 might work.

8 core vs your 5600X? It's one of those cases that's purely up to you. AMD is coming out with a new line later this year, so unless the upgrade is super urgent, personally I'd wait. The RAM question also comes into play here - if you upgrade later, DDR5 prices will likely drop.

Sorry, but don't have much offer on case/monitor selection.

Have a pretty good budget I just don't want to go crazy. If video cards are still high I can wait. I thought Asus had come down.
I was wondering if the 980 Pros were still good.
I just built a new system minus a few things I'm asking about now.
Forgot about mentioning whether or not I want 4K. Honestly I'm not sure if I want to go that route yet. Probably should wait on that lol.
Just wanting ideas and you gave me some. Thanks

Back