• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Ln2 Overclocking Session

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

$ingh

Hello everyone This is $ingh from India .Posting my first Thread Here ,Hope You guys like it :)

After a long period and with lot of efforts i am able to arrange Liquid Nitrogen and Successfully completed my first ln2 overclocking session with AMD Phenom ii x4 955be With the rock solid Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV formula and ofcourse with the help of my best friend who helped me a lot to make this Session successful ..

Special thanks my parents,my friends for the understanding and supporting me ..

Setup:-

Amd Phenom ii x4 955be ( Awesome chip with just 1.62v i am able to cross 6.4ghz)

Asus Crosshair iv formula (Great motherboard from Asus even with too much moisture on its components it still keep on working ..Rock solid Motherboard)

G-SKILL 2*2GB 1600 CL7 (max overclocks to 2230 mhz on it ...nice ram kit)

Radeon HD 5870

EX-1000 watt

Aoc E2251 FW

Self Made Ln2 pot ( Pot is working like charm ...i am too happy with its results )

Self Made bench table (just for benching)

25 litres of LN2

So here are some Chilled results :-

Amd Phenom ii 955be Overclocks to 6539mhz and Globally Ranked at 49th

http://hwbot.org/submission/2310789_ingh_cpu_frequency_phenom_ii_x4_955_be_6539_mhz

imageid835605.jpg

Super pi 1M 11sec.391ms Globally Ranked at 57th

http://hwbot.org/submission/2310794_ingh_superpi_phenom_ii_x4_955_be_11sec_391ms

imageid835612.jpg

Wprime 32m 6sec 562ms Globally ranked at 47th

http://hwbot.org/submission/2310797_ingh_wprime_32m_phenom_ii_x4_955_be_6sec_562ms

imageid835620.jpg

Wprime 1024m 216sec 516ms globally ranked at 30th

http://hwbot.org/submission/2310799_ingh_wprime_1024m_phenom_ii_x4_955_be_216sec_515ms

imageid835623.jpg

Some other pics :-

dsc00915n.jpg

dsc00942am.jpg

dsc00955jd.jpg

imageid835604.jpg

imageid835611.jpg

Too much moisture in India these days made me to stop benching ... As approx half of my motherboard is covered Water Vapours

Its a great experience working with LN2 ..

Hope You guys will enjoy it ...

Congratulations on your first session. A good way to prevent moisture issues is to have some fans running pushing the vapors away from the board
It can help get rid of some of the condensation.

What did you use for insulation?

Let's see some pics of the pot you built!

Thank You @Janus67 Sir ... I used Clay for insulation ..

will post some pics of Cpu Pot soon .

Some Pics of my CPU POT i use for my first LN2 test :) ..Nothing Fancy from inside Just normal flat base with a 5mm whole ..

BDfrZ.jpg

JlSXF.jpg

A8e0W.jpg

NCXq2.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
wow, full copper. that must have cost a pretty penny. interesting to just have a flat base without any holes in it for extra surface area. How much does that thing weigh?

Yes it cost me a Little more then other options available :p ..its weight is around 2.7kg .. :) @Janus67 Sir You think its fine or i have to make some modifications in it ?

With all that mass I assume it is alright, but I think it could be more effective and pull down a bit faster if it had more surface area inside of the pot.

Very nice, especially for a first go with a pot you built yourself!
I'd say you're off to an excellent start here :D

Thanks @janus67 ..will make another pot with some modifications next time :)

Depending on the thickness of the base, you may not need to make a whole new one. How much depth do you have in the solid part at the bottom?

its 10 mm

Don't make an entire separate pot...

Get some copper rods in a diameter that will allow you to fit like five or six of them inside the pot you already have and cut the rods so that they'll just come up to about 20mm under the top edge of the pot.

Then drill about half way down on the inside of the base and thread the holes.

Then thread one end of the rods to fit the holes and screw them on there.

Added mass and added surface area should improve your pot. It doesn't look like it needs more mass, but the surface area will surely help.

If you want to increase the surface area of your pot at the expense of a bit of mass... You'll need access to a lathe... Simply carve some horizontal grooves on the side walls; they don't have to be extremely deep. By the look on the pictures; the side walls are about 10mm thick (am I right?)... Simply cut horizontal grooves about 3mm deep and 6mm wide and do them at about 6mm intervals all the way up from the bottom of the inside of the pot to the top where the side walls get thinner... Don't carve on the thin part at the top. That should increase your surface area something nice and you won't lose too much mass from it... Combine it with the rods idea for even better performance.

:D

Last edited:
Back