• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first shroud is done (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i would think his gf :)

did u bend the aluminum over a corner? ive been wanting to do this for some time but i couldnt figure out a good way to make the bends

i used a dremel cutting wheel to score the inside of the bend and then i just bent it with my two hands. It was really easy.

Yes that is my girlfriend. :)

I got the core of ebay for $6.50 + $5 for s&h. It was a little grungy but i just soaked it in coke for about 5-6 hours and it looked almost as good as new. I also polished it up with the dremel. I still have exta aluminum that i could make another one. I may do that for a push/pull setup later on some time. I should get everything in the mail today, but i have to work after school....DAMNIT

edit: I also JB welded the nuts on to the inside of the shroud so i can take the fan off if i want to. The sunon that i got is really loud, i should have got a panaflo and i still may get one.

Last edited:
did you score it with a cutting wheel? wow!

where did you get the aluminum sheet? how thick was it?

did you score it with a cutting wheel? wow!

where did you get the aluminum sheet? how thick was it?

yeah i scored it with a cutting wheel. I got the sheet at lowes its .025" thick...i think. it was an 8"x 18" sheet and about 10 bux i think. There was steal for cheaper but i wanted it light and easy to work with.

I am going to try this sunon fan for a while then mabe get a panaflo. Or i could just do a rheostat from radio shack.

or you could just wire it for 7v for a really inexpensive option.

here's a quick link I found that shows the wiring diagram for 7v and even goes as far to show you how to make a cheap baybus.

i dont think its anywhere near dodge viper's but i did put some of that aluminum tape all around it and it looks a lot better. It leak tested all last night perfectly. Ill probly try to get it all put together tonight.

it's always a good idea to leave a little space between the fan and the thing its blowing on, so the air that it's sucking in has a place to go instead of going back the way it came, thus slowing the fan down. other then that, looks good

Back