• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my first time overclock 4.05 Ghz =)... help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapper Dan

like i said .. first time oc-ing , everything is basically on auto minus the 450 fsb and 9x multi ... im running a QX9650 with an Asus P5K-premium Black Pearl and 8 gigs of pc-8500 ddr2 4 x 2gb

i'm running orthos (x4) ... but only 2 cores are being stressed temps on the cores are 54*C , 53*C , 37*C, 36*C

any ideas on how to get it stressed right so i can see how stable it is?

Nice OC.

^That should be easily remedied within the bios. Disable C1E as well.

I thought running two instances of orthos took care of stressing all four cores.. If not you could grab iTAT (intel thermal analysis tool), thats a real core burner.

you need to get the dual core version of orthos google it, then run two instances. Go to your task mngr>processes right click orthos?affinity make sure core 1 and 2 are checked and not 3 and 4, then go to the next orthos do the same sept click core 3 and 4 and make sure 1 and 2 are unchecked.

As darkcow said use Prime95, it will automatically load all four cores. latest version is 25.8, get it here.

Back