• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First water cooling mini case ~! (Corsair Air 240) and the 3dMark test result

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JadeChest

I uploaded this running test to Youtube yesterday. My case works fine, but I'm confused about the way to connect this EK-XRES D5 PWM 100 pump.

This pump has a 4-Pin Molex- and 4-Pin PWM FAN connector, currently I connect the PWM fan 4-pin to the CPU fan on the Mobo and the Molex to the PSU. Is this the right way to connect, or should I only connect the 4-pin PWM fan to the montherboard??

Hi and welcome to OCF! :welcome:

Congratz on the build! Not a fan of colored fluids, but very nicely done! You have the pump connected correctly! The PWM on the CPU fan header you can control it's speed via bios.

Please create a signature with your pc specs : Upper right corner> Settings tab> then left side panel>scroll down to: Edit Signature ;)

That thing looks pretty slick! A lot of people around here will dissuade you from using colored coolant because of the inherent issues and maintenance they have, but aesthetically it looks awesome! Let us see some photos

Hi and welcome to OCF! :welcome:

Congratz on the build! Not a fan of colored fluids, but very nicely done! You have the pump connected correctly! The PWM on the CPU fan header you can control it's speed via bios.

Please create a signature with your pc specs : Upper right corner> Settings tab> then left side panel>scroll down to: Edit Signature ;)

Thx a lot. I also find my CPU cooling is not very stable compare to the GPU cooling. It is my first water-cooling desktop, so I don't have any clue about the standard outcome for water-cooling.

Here is the 3dMark test chart,

QQ图片20160312210704.png

You can see the Blue line (GPU temperature line) is quite flat, meanwhile the CPU temp light blue line goes up and down. Is this result normal?

Last edited:
That thing looks pretty slick! A lot of people around here will dissuade you from using colored coolant because of the inherent issues and maintenance they have, but aesthetically it looks awesome! Let us see some photos

Yes, I actually regret to use this coolant. I thought it should be some kind of dissolved liquid rather than a turbid one, but I was wrong.:(

Yes, I actually regret to use this coolant. I thought it should be some kind of dissolved liquid rather than a turbid one, but I was wrong.:(
Nothing wrong with using coolant and that looks like Mayhams which is supposedly one of the better ones. That said stay on top of it, regardless of how good it is, it will breakdown and clog the blocks up. Looks great though! :thup:

Back