• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Logitech MX500 Mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawk2k2

Registered
This mouse has been really ticking me off. I spent 70$ (AUD) on it and it works in every other computer but mine. I even got it swapped for a new one still with no luck. I have completely formatted, installed latest drivers, tried mx510 drivers, tried m$ drivers, tried all my usb ports atill with no luck. I gave it to two of my mates for a week each and it worked sweetly in their systems.

Any idea why it wont work in mine. whoops btw my problem is that it is skipping alot. like in games sometimes wen i try and aim up, the aim will go down. wen i move my mouse, sometimes the cursor does not move at all.

Thanx
Hawk

Maybe you should try using the PS/2 Port, as the adaptor is included.

If you're unwilling to do that, go to your Device Manager and within the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" Tab, find the "USB Root Hub" that your MX500 uses. Then in the properties, go to the "Power Management" Tab and uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power" box. This might help your situation.

oh one thing i forgot to mention is that all my optical microsoft mouses work fine in it

still no luck :( even in windows desktop it seems the mouse is losing its position. its really wierd because it used to work wen i first got it. ive even formatted windows agn and installed a old mobo bios to try with still no luck

I think it might be ur motherboard? Maybe it is interfering with another setting. Or maybe u should just get a refund :p

sounds like your settings in game are messed up.
or the settings in the mx500 software u installed r causing it to go the other way, like in real life.
check them plz

i have checked them. i have tried using drivers on cd, new ones off the net and just m$ default ones. all of them still make it skip. Its not settings in games because it happens on windows desktop too. I cnt get it changed because its passed 7 day money back, and i cnt RMA it because it works on every pc but mine :'(

I thought it was a mouse untill i got a new one of the same model with the same problem, and it works on my old ****ty pc

Back