• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Mach II (56k beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, it's never enough is it...lol

I'm already looking into phase change on my GPU...

Agreed...if only they werent so god damn expensive
(probably heard this before, but) got mine for 420, brand new, with lcd and everything on ebay :) sold my waterblock and some other stuff to make up for a bit of it.

I'm already looking into phase change on my GPU...
Awesome :D someone on XS is selling an M1 modded for gfx card use...

Few updated pics.

mycomputer.jpg

tower.jpg

water2.jpg

Sucka said:
It's actually probably quieter than a air cooler. I honestly don't have any complaints about noise level. It makes a little noise as it gets cold, but other than that it's not bad at all. The fans are really quiet.

Sucka

Great Setup! what more can I say

I do have a question about noise. What type of sound does it make? I know this is a strange question but does it sound like a 120mm fan? or an 80mm fan? on high? on low? My rig runs on water w/2 120mm fan on low so it's very quite and since I'm considering a similar setup I just want to know what to expect interms of noise...thanks.

invisible hand said:
Sucka

I do have a question about noise. What type of sound does it make? I know this is a strange question but does it sound like a 120mm fan? or an 80mm fan? on high? on low? My rig runs on water w/2 120mm fan on low so it's very quite and since I'm considering a similar setup I just want to know what to expect interms of noise...thanks.
i find the noise level wholly acceptable. the compressor is easy to tune out, and the 2 120mm fans are panaflo M1A's

invisible hand said:
Sucka

Thanks.

As for noise, it's not bad at all. I can't even hear the water setup. The case fans are all low noise fans, so they aren't bad at all. The compressor makes very little noise, only time i can even hear it is when it's getting cold. It's actually more quiet then my pc's that use all air. And much much colder as well :p If you have the funds, don't hesitate to go phase, so worth it.

Nice setup man. I can only wish. I may make the jump to a pelt on my cpu, not sure. Only if the price was right. Anyways again congrats. What was your previous max O/C? And a question about your video card. Is it volt modded, and are you using just water, or a pelt as well?

Vengance_01 said:
Nice setup man. I can only wish. I may make the jump to a pelt on my cpu, not sure. Only if the price was right. Anyways again congrats. What was your previous max O/C? And a question about your video card. Is it volt modded, and are you using just water, or a pelt as well?

Thanks :p My max air o/c was only around ~2750MHz. Yes my card is vmodded, and i'm only using water to cool it. DD pump with a Maze4 block, works very well for me. I gotta say, extreme cooling is well worth the investment, you'll get some serious performance out of it. I say go for it :thup:

Hey Sucka, what kind of performance boost did you get in Gaming? I've yet to run into anyone (locally) that can run Doom3 on Ultra Quality but if anyone can ... it seems that you have the rig to do it. Thanks ...

GUNNaH

GUNNaH said:
Hey Sucka, what kind of performance boost did you get in Gaming? I've yet to run into anyone (locally) that can run Doom3 on Ultra Quality but if anyone can ... it seems that you have the rig to do it. Thanks ...

GUNNaH

Kinnda hard to gauge because i never really benchmarked any games before this setup. Compared to other systems i've owned though, it is simply amazing. The frames are not even an issue in any game i play. It's a gamers dream :p

Sucka said:
Thanks :p My max air o/c was only around ~2750MHz. Yes my card is vmodded, and i'm only using water to cool it. DD pump with a Maze4 block, works very well for me. I gotta say, extreme cooling is well worth the investment, you'll get some serious performance out of it. I say go for it :thup:
Did you do the pencil mod? how much voltage, and what kind of temps?

Vengance_01 said:
Did you do the pencil mod? how much voltage, and what kind of temps?

I had the vcore, vddq, vdmm mods done to it by someone else. I'm using 1.75v right now. It's under water and idle temps are 28°C idle and around 35°C load.

vmod2.jpg

Don't feel bad Tom, my X800's load is on par with his and I have a pelt, but for the record, I have a really hot room. There are to many factors to compare temps.

Vengance_01 said:
Don't feel bad Tom, my X800's load is on par with his and I have a pelt, but for the record, I have a really hot room. There are to many factors to compare temps.
oh, no i dont feel bad, i mean, it was idling at 65c before i watercooled it :eek:

Back