• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My multimeter sucks and i need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RedDragonXXX said:
If I dont fix this thing soon its gonna be Hammah time for this POS!

Here is the dmm:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.a...y_name=CTLG_011_008_002_000&product_id=22-813

All I am looking to do is configure it so that it will read the volts coming off the PSU.

Set it to DC 20v, then plug in the red probe to yellow, and COM to black.

thats 12v. plug the red into red for 5v, and orange for 3.3v

WAIIT. I just saw your multimeter. Set it to the V sign on the left, then change the range appropriately.

Heh, i'll trade for mine (mine seems simpler, and it has a backlight).

After hearing the backlight comment, I take back my trade offer LMFAO

RedDragonXXX said:
This one might be broke because it gives readings even after we (me and Sentenial) unpluged it from the PSU.
That is probably the "Data Holed" function.

I have a freakin analog dial multimeter :/

I have this same multimeter. As SolidxSnake said, just set it to the V setting (the first setting on the dial from the off position). The range will adjust itself automatically or you can manually set it if you don't like auto. Its normal for it to jump around while not connected. To use the hold feature you need to use the hold button.

When I first got this multimeter it did not work and I returned it for another. After seeing how the 2nd one was packaged it was obvious to me that the first one was repackaged and resold even though it in no way worked. Its not like I was ever a big radio shack fan in the first place, but I certainly don't trust them after that kind of bs.

Back