• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Build - The Debate of Debates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I have been reading a lot of reviews on the 780ti. I'm liking what I see here. up to 27% more performance than the 780. 2880 Cuda cores. This is a fully unlocked gk110. I'm looking at the EVGA 780ti SC edition at $730. Instead of running 3 780's I think for now I can run 1 maybe 2 ti's.

What do you guys think? I got my 780 SC back in August for $725 after tax. I can pick up 1 ti to start off with for $730 . Then I can sell my 780 for roughly 300. By my math I am paying 430 bucks to upgrade and then I may or may not need another one for SLI.

In my flight sims and other intense games, I can run ultra settings and maxed AA at 1920x1080 however at 5760x1080 I take a huge performance hit. I want to be able to play completely maxed at 5760x1080 or even adding a 4th 1080 monitor in the top center for my cockpit view. I could get another 780 for SLI for $510 but I just really can't decide what is the better option here.

The parts list of remaining parts (except for rads, blocks, resiviours, pumps, etc).

What I believe the final product would be like (case would have total of 4 rads).

Though this list did not include any extra drives as I am unsure of your storage needs.

To go back on the parts list here. I had the Sentry fan controller awhile back in my 775 machine and it was complete junk. Temp sensors inaccurate and the whole display started going out 3 months after I got it. The G19 on there - already got one. The mouse? Got me a Razer Naga Epic :) Rest of the list looks about what I am looking at though. I am going to post my fully designed water cooling parts list in the next week or so. I am in the final design phases now. Basically what is holding me back is the final choice of fittings and location for fill/drain ports and associated hardware. So far just the water cooling is running up to $2300.

Sounds good.. I had that fan controller that you mentioned myself, and I know it is junk, but I am assuming maybe the brother product would have been better, but at the same time I did not know about the corsair controllers which obviously would be better.

Back