• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozz1

thought id share this with you guys, its easily seen on bot with my subs, but when i decided to do this i was just on straight water with a radiator i fitted from a buggy thing, forget what ya call em now, those 4 wheel things that they go thru the mud and all that, that radiator works like a beauty but the fan was too fast, so i wired up a fan speed control to slow it up, coz as i found with this i can run the fan about 1/3 of normal speed for the same results, much better on the ears :clap: so here she is , i made it from pvc pipe, 150mm x 450 long, no radiator included now, theres a drain on the bottom to let out the melted water, there a stainless filter in the bottom to stop any foreign stuff going to the pump, coz when you make ice any little piece of plastic can break off and you dont see it from the ice container, so that works well , am3, apu, seem t do well with it, the best ive got it too is -4c but that was with methylated spirits mixed with the water, when that happens the ice water drained out is useless, its a chuck out, it doesnt freeze up good again but works well if youre goin for a result, the res can take about 8 litres of water , ice fully loaded, with only about 1 litre of water inthe bottom for the pump, as the ice melts i just let the drain go then top up with broken up ice, the discharge is in the top so all heat from the cpu is then going down over the ice again to give the cpu cold water

dunno if this will work coz its the 1st time ive tried to post a pic, seems im doing something wrong here, anyway it can be seen in bot subs

it tells me its uploaded but i dont see it in a preview before post, i know its something im doing wrong, can anyone help me pls

thx ozz

ok man thx ill try again, it told me it uploaded with the blue bar but i dont see any manage attachments with it

Back