• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my system is being flaky..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

This system was being wierd last night. Then this morning i couldnt open the task manager, and hl2 was causing it to..well the monitor just went black, system kept going

so i reinstalled windows, and it was going fine. Then i signed onto aim and the monitor went black...
Also the bios has asked for the time and date like 15 times already, do i need a new battery. It doesnt ask for it everytime

2600 mobile
asus a7v880 (or something)
2*256 corsair xms
9800pro
300 fortron

edit- i just tried to play hl2 twice and as soon as the level loaded the monitor went black

Last edited:
cmon..i wanna play hl2

my system is prime stable..but at the end of 3d mark it goes black

A video problem. Make sure that the AGP clock isn't too high. Make sure that the PCI and AGP lock is enabled.

clocks are default
lock in enabled, im not over 200 fsb anyway

i just got this 9800pro from a member on here..it better not be going on its second installed day

only other card is a 5200pci..lol

well i cant try it out on someone else's comp yet, but i should this weekend

i was just using aim, and the screen goes black, comes back with the picture in little boxes all messed up, then goes to a blinking cursor in the corner

i just reinstalled the silencer..we'll see :(

edit- got 2 minutes into hl2

flickered once or twice, then locked up

Last edited:
Also the bios has asked for the time and date like 15 times already

that could indicate that you need a new cmos battery, also because of this, if you have any settings in your bios that are not default, it may not be saving them as well.

for example if your pc is o/c'd, low vcore could be causing the issues you posted.

Beginner said:
Also the bios has asked for the time and date like 15 times already

that could indicate that you need a new cmos battery, also because of this, if you have any settings in your bios that are not default, it may not be saving them as well.

for example if your pc is o/c'd, low vcore could be causing the issues you posted.

Good point but if he BIOS oced then those settings would be lost as well

I would agree that its the cmos (a 2 dollar fix/ experiment)

If thats not the problem you could have s hort.

IF you put your old card back in and the problem goes away... then I hope you paid with paypal :)

Back