• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED My Temp Doesn't Go Below 50°C !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noobjur

Registered
I seem to have noticed it just now or it has been like this since time immemorial when i first got my A6-5400k... anyway i usually check with my bios and the temp over there is like 40 and so i dont really mind at all but last week when i started doing DUAL GRAPHICs and installed HWmonitor, Speccy and sorts - it went BOOM on me that my Processor Temperature Doesn't go below 50°C ...it just went zooming to 70°C and up and IDLE is 50-60 °C... I plan on getting an upgrade soon and might be a CM V4 GTS or CM V8 GTS or a Water Cooling System instead with an A10-7700 processor but SERIOUSLY i am having doubts. At the moment heres my system:

*system running in dual graphics
*AMD APU A6-5400k 3.8Ghz Processor
*4gb Giel Corsa Enhanced ddr3/1600 RAM
*500gb Toshiba Hard Drive Sata
*Gigabyte FM2 F2A75M-HD2 motherboard
*Sapphire Radeon HD6570 2gb 128bit Graphics
*Hec Cougar SL-600w Powersupply

*CoolerMaster K380 Mid-Tower with USB 3.0
*DeepCool Gammaxx 400 CPU cooler
*5 DeepCool XFans 120m Red Led

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 978
yea my lanno a6 idles at like "19c" lol. they do that.

The CM heatsinks are pretty middle of the line in terms of performance, but they're really expensive for what they do, I would not recommend them.

it is pretty much the only available heatsinks around here... but 50°C at idle is the lowest.... its running on boost but thats it. Can i still lower it? or is this pretty much normal?

What is the airflow pattern in your case? Here's a little diagram how I would install the fans. How is your set up? Did I miss one? I ask because your motherboard is 35C. How warm is the room with your PC?
3_Product_top5.jpg

Also have you tried remounting the CPU? How much thermal paste did you use? (Less is more with TIM).

here's what i did

thats basically it plus 2 more fans - and yes, tried remounting it and i used enough thermal paste for optimal contact... i wanna try overclocking it but at these state it might break... :cry:

Attachments

• 3_Product_top5.jpg
    3_Product_top5.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 783
ohh wow i completely misread this.. i thought you said 50c max... yea something is up.

Did you try reseating the cpu, and may be check, if you put enough TIM?

also disabled /reenabled smart fan features...doesnt change the temp...
hm...RISKED it and overclocked graphics by 10% and apu to 4.0Ghz and the temps remains the same! ....tomorrow im going to try higher to see if it stays the same or if it slowly breaks.

:thup:

Just a heads up......HWMonitor won't be compatible with the new AMD APUs till the next version (1.25) coming out soon. I got this info from Franck at CPUID. His exact reply to my question, Is HWMonitor compatible with new AMD FM2+ APUs? is as follows....

hello David,

the next release 1.25 will handle that CPU completely, with voltages & powers report.

Thanks,
Franck

Upgraded CPU Case and Cooler + ROOM TEMP.

Got myself a new CoolerMaster 690 iii cpu case with Seidon 120V water cooler- Set up the fans and everything so it can be as COOL and QUIET as it can be. I don't know if it is a big factor but the room temperature where my unit is 30-32°C.... so anyway here's my current reading...it still doesn't go below 50°C.

Attachments

• LATEST.png
    LATEST.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 772
Yes, the room temp can make a pretty big difference. Room temp in my house is currently about 20C and only rises to 25-26C in the summer.

I kind of thought your room temp might be pretty high based on your mid-30s motherboard temp and good case airflow.

so is my unit safe?

so my processor idle's at 50°C and running 60-70°C and up sometimes 80-90°C...

it's not gonna break anytime soon now is it? so far i'm not having any problems

with my unit - tried over clocking it to 4.3-4.5Ghz, increased both graphics

clock of the gpu and apu, pretty much ULTRA the graphics on my games

though load up time also increased a little bit.
Been with this unit for 21months

now. :comp:

Unit is safe regarding given temps.

Since its an APU, its GOING to run a bit hotter, but 50c is "too high". Either theres some sensor error, or you didn't mount your cooler properly with proper TIM application.

What are bios temps compared to HWmonitor?

Unit is safe regarding given temps.

Since its an APU, its GOING to run a bit hotter, but 50c is "too high". Either theres some sensor error, or you didn't mount your cooler properly with proper TIM application.

What are bios temps compared to HWmonitor?

Bios temp for cpu is 39-40c and board is 32-36c, rom temp 30c.

fixed it -
Remounted: checked
Applied correct TIM:checked
wirings: checked
everything: checked and then its ok ! 2c-5c at IDLE and 40-45c at heavy load!!!

Attachments

• LATEST TEMPS after Upgrade + OC.png
    LATEST TEMPS after Upgrade + OC.png
    219.9 KB · Views: 743
Back