• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core Temp Issue on my X370/1600X system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notarat

There's a known glitch with the Corsair LINK program with the Ryzen 2700X which results in reading the temps about 50°C too high. As a result I replaced the LINK software with Core Temp and it seems to be working (for the little bit that I've used the system, anyway)

I then installed it on my X370/1600X system since it seemed to do what I want (over temp shutdown) in a lightweight install...but it hasn't worked as well as I'd have liked.
I am getting a spurious high temp reading randomly and, with the overheat protection being enabled, the machine is powering off when other temperature monitoring programs do not see the erroneous high temp.

On the affected platform (X370/Ryzen 1600x) Corssair LINK works fine and when I use it to monitor temperatures (logging enabled) it never shows any high temps but Core Temp is showing (randomly) a reading of 238°C

Anyone else see odd temperature readings when using Core Temp or know of a different temperature monitoring program which will safely power off the computer once a certain temperature is reached?

IF you're using a new BIOS on that CHVII then you'll need the latest beta from HWInfo64 and it will work fine. ASUS change their montioring sensors a bit. The CPU has built in shutdowns for overheat and I think you can set it in BIOS too

Back